RootsMagic 5 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Keeping windows on top

RootsMagic 5 works great in CrossOver Office on the Mac except for one thing. It loses track of which window goes on top of which. If I open a window for something like sources, when I close it I find that the window that brought it up is now behind the main window and I have to move things around to get it back. Is there a way to fix this?

I have the same problem. Early on I thought the program was freezing up. then I discovered I needed to look for buried screens.
RM 5 with CrossOver (Mac OS 10.6.8)

The windows issue has improved. When I first installed RootsMagic months ago I installed it on its own without a dedicated CrossTie installer. As it happens this week I reinstalled RootsMagic 5 using the RootsMagic 4 CrossTie installer and changing the path to the RootsMagic 5 setup program. I then got IE 7, fonts, and the like, and when RootsMagic 5 came up the windows no longer fell behind other windows on their own. If I click on a lower window it comes to the top, but I'm no longer going into Expose all the time to find the hidden windows, just occasionally. And now that there is a cross-tie installer for RootsMagic 5 this may provide the same solution.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYnNIcWVIQ3ROOU5yNXZCVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9