Rosetta Stone 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Cannot get cd to work

I have the rosetta stone program installed but I cannot get the lesson disk to work. I tried to ln the drives but not sucessful.

I am using fedora core 4. I have 2 drives a dvd/cd recorder and a dvd drive
I have a /dev/dvd /dev/dvd1 and /dev/dvdwriter

then I have /media/cdrecorder cdrecorder1 cdrom

I have exactly the same problem. I'm using Xandros 3 on a Compaq NX7010 laptop. I have one CD/DVD drive, /var/autofs/cdrom.1/cdrom.1. CX Office recognizes it well enough that it can install from it. Why can't Rosetta Stone find the CD?

The same holds true for Xandros 4.1. It cannot find the CD although it installs and basic prog engine runs just like on window$.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTWFDSlhXMlpURUZFQWNxTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9