Rosetta Stone 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Tested RS with Suse 9.1

Basically, it works, but on my system : Suse 9.1, KDE 3.2.1, Kernel 2.6.5-suse

• One font is not displayed, login window is unreadable. However, all fonts during the lessons are ok.
  • RS crashed when an other application played sound. Changing the soundsystem to arts, the kde soundsystem in /.cxoffice/dotwine/config helped.

Kjell,

Could you state what version of the app you used? The Rosetta app has been updated several times and I noticed the newer versions work better than older versions.

My observations:
Rosetta Stone 2.0.6.1A
Fedora Core 2, Gnome 2.6, tested using Rosetta Stone Japanese 1 and 2

• Sound works and doesn't crash but the app tends to run slow and sound gets choppy and breaks up if run on a slow system
  • Fades / animations are slow
  • Don't use the Microphone - recording your voice feature. The app crashes. I think this has something to do with the mic isn't recognized as a device in Wine?

Joe

I am now using the following

Suse 9.2 (KDE 3.3.0, Kernel 2.6.8 Suse-modified)
The Rosetta Stone 0.87594D 221 ... it updates autmatically at startup.
Crossover 4.0rc1

TSR runs much better than the last configuration I tried. Font problem is nearly gone and audio works out of the box.
Nearly gone means, that at some places font size does not match, but this does not do any harm.

Fades are slow, animations are fine. Sound playing is perfect (no noises, breaks or such things) . Btw, my system is an Athlon XP 1700+ , NVidia MX4000 ...

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWFpxRzRaZXZadU42VTNiRSIsImdkcHIiOjB9