RPG Maker VX Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Music!

It seems that sorry to say, one of the files we will need is gm.dls
well, on the other hand I do know what steps would have to be done in winecfg to get directsound and directmusic working, as soon as a replacement for the file I listed above exists and is downloadable, send me a link and I will tell you how to get it working.
update: I will check to see if this package works: http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=8860 and if it does then expect to see how to get music in your app and expect my advocation to both rpg maker xp and vx

Hi....

...already done ; I did it a number of months back to get (midi)
scores working in some other games...see;

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=8860

...it doesn't do any of the directsound overrides and such, it just
installs the soundfont ;tself. You can have a look at the crosstie
for Aveyond ... it's a good working example...

Cheers!

actually I have to sort of do a very special directmusic and directsound overide at least until directx in wine is stable enough to no longer need it. if your file works, with my overide to get music in rpg maker xp and vx, then expect instructions on how to get it working here.

...which is exactly -why- that crosstie only installs the soundfont ;
depending on the app/game, there can be several combinations of winelib
overrides needed which varies from title to title ; the newer RPGM uses
a completely different interface again...(and last time I looked it
wasn't working very well)...

okay, I tested your midi.dls in its correct location (fake_c/windows/system32/drivers/gm.dls) and I love it even more than the microsoft one, xd. please tell me it is public domain or some other form of legal to use because I think it is perfect for wine when directmusic builtin is stable. I guess I will tell you what to do for the overide:
first off, install directx modern, then place the gm.dls file in the correct location. Now set all of these dlls overidden to native,built-in:
d3d8
d3d9
d3dim
d3drm
d3dx8
d3dx9_24
d3dx9_25
d3dx9_26
d3dx9_27
d3dx9_28
d3dx9_29
d3dx9_30
d3dx9_31
d3dx9_32
d3dx9_33
d3dx9_34
d3dx9_35
d3dx9_36
d3dxof
dciman32
ddrawex
devenum
dinput
dinput8
dmband
dmcompos
dmime
dmloader
dmscript
dmstyle
dmsynth
dmusic
dmisic32
dnsapi
dplay
dplayx
dpnaddr
dpnet
dpnhpast
dpnhupnp
dpnlobby
dpnwsock
dsound
dswave
dxdiagn
dxtrans

after that music will start working.
More specificly, all forms of sound and music will function due to not just directmusic being enabled but also due to the fact that directshow and directsound also working.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUHJmM0xBUmdlU0hUSlB1dCIsImdkcHIiOjB9