S2: Silent Storm Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Works great.

Installs and plays without problems in Crossover Games 9.2

System specifications:
2009 Macbook Pro
Mac OS X 10.6.6
2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 Gb RAM
Geforce 9400M

I've been spending some time playing the game now and can report that it plays mostly perfect.
Though I have experienced the occasional lockup and the camera sometimes becomes erratic after prolongued playing.

Ovedius wrote:

I've been spending some time playing the game now and can report
that it plays mostly perfect.
Though I have experienced the occasional lockup and the camera
sometimes becomes erratic after prolongued playing.

Might you tell us which release of the title you refer to? ...ie; CD/DVD, Steam, other....

Cheers!

Oops, sorry 😥
I'm using the 2 cd version of the game.

It turns out the camera and the touchpad don't really get along to well.
Panning is unbearably slow and the camera only zooms out a fraction of it's total zoom level.

What I did to battle this was that I opened the "input.cfg" found in the "cfg" folder in the root folder of Silent Storm.
Here I edited the button configurations for zooming.
To do so yourself open "input.cfg", find the lines called "bind -camera_zoom '0' " and "bind +camera_zoom '9' ".
Then replace "0" and "9" with whatever you'd like, but make sure you remove any other pre existing key bindings.

Had a slight facepalm moment when I discovered how far out you really can zoom after several hours of playing. 😅

EDIT:
Sorry, I've copied my edited command lines above (bind -camera_zoom '0' " and "bind +camera_zoom '9' ") the original key bindings are "INSERT" and "END" I belive....or something else.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidG1BNXFRdTdjUkhmaEFyZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9