Sam & Max: Saves the World Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Works!

I downloaded the free episode, "Abe Lincoln Must Die", and tried it out on Crossover Games. It works! Except for a weird graphical corruption on the loading screen, it works just fine! Of course, it was a bit slow for me, but I have a MacBook, so that is most likely the reason.

The free episode does not have copy protection, so that's what makes it work. No other stand alone version will work, but playing through Steam does.

DVD version does not have copy protection either.

The games on the DVD are protected by securom, so they don't work either. That's for the DVD I got in january anyway, maybe earlier it didn't have it.

I can confirm that, but the weird graphical corruption is only 1-2seconds long and from then on everything works fine (with Steam and Episode 4 (Abe Lincoln must die!))

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWGZORzhTUllGVW1nbVRrNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9