Settlers 4: Gold Edition Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Displaying problems

Got some trouble with Settlers 4 (not Gold edition, but shouldn't matter).

I installed the game and latest patch. The game runs BUT I discovered some problems. I can hear the sound, i'm able to click everthing, but i can't see it.
The display is mostly black. Except i'm moving another macwindow over the game window. in this case, the gamescreen is painted (but not animated / and only where the other window passed over the game window).

I tried a lot of settings. with/without virtual screen, mouse capturing, setting display driver to fbo in registry, win2k/win98 and so on.

Normaly it doesn't work correctly. But if i set "LandscapeHardware = 1" in GamesSettings.cfg the main menu it drawn perfectly. But when starting a mission, the game screen is black again. I noticed that the game itself set LandscapeHardware back to "0" :(

Any ideas what might help? (Already tried to set Gamesttings.cfg as read-only)

I have the exact same thing, the wierd thing is if you pull a window (like the mange bottle window) over the screen you will see a "screenshot" of what you see, if you move the windows on the screen, you see the change on the screen what it should be...really wierd...

Yo Paul!

Just by coincidence, I was reading a ticket report today,
which sounds exactly what you're describing here...I'll dig
about and see if I can find it again...

edit: http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=707104

Does that sound likethe same issue?

Artist Formally Known as Dot wrote:

Yo Paul!

Just by coincidence, I was reading a ticket report today,
which sounds exactly what you're describing here...I'll dig
about and see if I can find it again...

edit:
http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=707104

Does that sound likethe same issue?

Exact same problem, Thats right, this issue is far more common, the same thing is for example the case at worms worldparty, and some other small games and even more commercial games but wasnt aware of this issue and took no notice of it then. But now as i see it is far more "global " issue.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidGVQR1l3eTdubnd1eFk2eSIsImdkcHIiOjB9