Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Missing Fonts

The missing fonts are:
MS Mincho (msmincho.ttc)
MS Gothic (msgothic.ttc)

Get them from somewhere (ahem) and drop them into c:\windows\fonts and text will be fixed.

Gothic is used for UI items... and Mincho is used for narratives. Need 'em both.

Attn: Codeweavers - can these be included in future CX/CXG releases?

We of course cannot distribute the Microsoft Fonts. However we have found an substitute. We make use of the Ume Fonts. Having done a lot of work in Japan the Ume fonts have served us quite well. Our Japanese version comes with a font installer that will install these fonts and set them up. However due to lack of demand and size we do not distribute them by default with the non Japanese version.

You can however download them here.

http://dl.codeweavers.com/
access-key: jpfonts

jpfontsetup.exe.so is for mac
linux-jpfontsetup.exe.so is for linux

if you then run that command either using wine in a terminal or the Run Command... dialog on the mac you should then get an Ume Fonts package installed. This package includes replacements for MS Mincho, MS Gothic, MS PMincho and MS PGothic. We do ship an Ume UI Gothic as a MS UI Gothic replacement by default, though this package will install a more updated version of Ume UI Gothic.

What I will try to do is build this package as a standard exe in the future. (instead of a mac/linux split exe.so). I will also try to keep the file at that location updated so that if there is any change with a release they file in that location will represent the most modern version of the fonts we distribute.

thanks
-aric

Good to know. Wasn't sure if Gothic/Mincho were available as a download outside of Windows or Office patches. (I happen to be dual-booting Vista with BootCamp, so I can just copy them on my local machine)

Microtransaction-based japanese MMOs really haven't hit the western world by storm and I doubt there's much demand for them in the first place, let alone ensuring non-windows compatibility. Unless you suddenly get a random surge of pledges, this probably isn't worth much of your time. :)

edit

Once released, this would be a candidate for Gold. Has a tendency to crash in combat at the moment.

Turns out that every Mac user already fonts.... but don't know it.

On the original backup/restore CDs for the system (i.e. the "gray" CDs, but not retail packages), you can install a "Microsoft Office 200x Test Drive" as an Optional Install. Once installed (if not already in Applications) in that folder on the hard drive, there is /Office/Fonts which contains the Mincho and Gothic fonts. (MS Gothic.ttf, etc.) Drag the four fonts over to c:/windows/fonts of your bottle.

For the font geeks, the four .ttf fonts in the test drive are version 2.5x and the .ttc copied from Vista are 5.0

Fixed the font thing in advance, before installing. (I have full Office 2008 Mac, copied ALL the fonts for any future games)
So my text is okay.

I did receive a pixel shader error on starting the client, but it doesn't seem to have effected anything.

Only thing now is the cursor.
I know where the image file is for it, has anyone got any suggestions on how to fix it?
It's not an urgent fix, but it would be nice to have it perfect.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieEEyeGNNTFlSZHh6Z3B6cSIsImdkcHIiOjB9