Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Game fails to launch

Every time I attempt to launch this game I encounter an error saying "another update process is work in progress". Now I looked at the game's website and the solution to this problem is that the game patcher is not working and it suggest manually patching it. So I download and install these patches automatically and yet I still receive the error.
Is there something I'm doing wrong, maybe installing these patches wrong or crossover is just not recognizing the client for Megaten. There also seems to be a apllication missing after the initial setup. There is both an application that launches the client and another that launches the game itself. Please look into these issues.

After using the RUN COMMAND, i was able to find where the program was actually stored. It is now running but anyone else without knowing this would be going through the folder that is installed on the MAC.

UPDATE: Program will not update. The update client will not launch and manual updates. I was able to run the game itself but it will not allow me to actually play without the updates. I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong or if I'm missing something.

First, make sure you are using CrossOver Games 7.2.0, and not an earlier version, and not CrossOver standard version.

Then use the Configure -> Install Software menu to start the installation process. If you do not see Shin Megami Tensei listed, you are using the wrong version of CrossOver.

You're trying WAY too hard. :)

Just use the normal CXG 7.2.0 install process, and it will create menu items for you. Don't do anything cute like copy files from a Windows partition... that's not needed anymore.

The problem came from me downloading the wrong program. Instead of downloading Crossover Games I downloaded the regular version instead.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZHZOTkF3ZTNQODllNFlQTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9