Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How to update.

I just purchased the crossover so I can do more on my Macs so I haven't figured it out yet.
I downloaded Megaten and installed it into it's own bottle with winxp. When I try to run the client it says I need to update and the cursor is broken. I went to aeria's site, downloaded the 3 updates and in order copied them to where I have megaten on my computer. Now instead of the silly needing up update it's an empty box that says nothing. =.= Can someone explain to me how I set this up? Thank you.

It sounds like you're using an older version of CrossOver. The latest version does address the "broken cursor" issue.

You should be using the latest release of CrossOver Games, 7.2.0. If you are using an older version, or regular CrossOver, that would explain the issues you are having.

In addition, use the built-in installer (Configure menu -> Install Software). This will address any font issues (boxes instead of letters).

When I read through the list of programs this game was on it, for cross over mac. So what your telling me is I have the wrong program?

You you need CrossOver Games for Mac. If you ordered CrossOver Professional then you can also download games as it is included. If you ordered CrossOver Standard for Mac then please contact sales@codeweavers.com and we can be sure to change your order so you have access to the software you wanted.

-aric

Thanks Aric,

I now have crossover games 7.2 and I downloaded the 'supported' version of the game into it's own lovely winxp bottle. The client will now open and let me log in, but only to the character selection screen where when I select a channel and try to sign in I get the error of:
(1.216) an error has occurred(10001)[Drt[29]][19,85,14]. Quitting Shin Megami Tensei IMAGINE.
Then when I close the run program box which had the game running it tells me this.

The command "/Users/Ruane/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/winxp/drive_c/AeriaGames/MegaTen/ImagineClient.exe" returned 1.

StdOut:

StdErr:wine: Critical section 5209e750 wait failed at address 0x7bc2c460 (thread 0024), starting debugger...
Unhandled exception: wait failed on critical section 0x5209e750
Process of pid=001e has terminated
No process loaded, cannot execute 'echo Modules:'
Cannot get info on module while no process is loaded
No process loaded, cannot execute 'echo Threads:'

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeaver's Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Please open a support ticket for this issue. That helps us keep track of your issue and respond more directly. Thanks.

I'm getting the same exact error as Sandra is, but I'm on Crossover Games for Linux. I'm kinda glad that a Mac user is having the same problem, given that this game isn't officially supported on Linux: hopefully that means it's some general problem that will be fixed allowing the game to run on Linux 😊 I'm a trial user, but I'd definitely buy Crossover if I could get Imagine running.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeaver's Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

yes unfortunately Megaten is not working on Linux yet. It is a known issue.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVEI1UlJXdXB5Y2RHVk5mNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9