Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Megaten Imagine Keeps Crashing

I have the EXACT same problem, down to the number of days left on my trial! The first time I tried to start Megaten, it wouldn't go past the update screen because one of the DirectX files was missing--ddraw or something like that--and I suspect that's the current issue. (I discovered this by checking the diagnostics on the megaten updater.)

The native directX seems not to have this necessary file, and I've even installed directX from a download I made a while back for Fusion (which doesn't work with Megaten) and it didn't fix the problem.

I generally have it hooked up to a windows keyboard, but not hooking it up didn't fix the problem, and neither did rebooting.

Megaten Imagine is supported on CX Games 7.2.0. Mac only, at this point - we don't have it running well enough on Linux to support it. So, assuming that you're both running a trial of Crossover Games 7.2.0 on Macs, and that you installed Imagine via Crossover "Install Windows Software" menu:

• did you install any other games into the same bottle as Imagine? This can lead to issues.

• what kind of Graphics setups do you have on your macs?

I am also having the same problem. After installing megaten through the crossover installation procedure with no problem, when i came to booting the game up via the in-game updater, it keeps saying 'mismatch occurred in the data file' and won't let me play. After downloading the ddraw.dll file and placing it into the directX folder, running the diagnostic shows there to be no problems, but still it crashes.

I have a intel core 2 duo 2.16ghz macbook running 10.4.11, memory being 2gb 667 mhz. No other games downloaded, and to be honest, this is the only one i would like to play.

One more thing to note, I don't have the mac instillation cd needed to get the quartz file for crossover, but reading many other reports about the program, apparently It's not needed as much as stressed. Unfortunately my technical capabilites stop short of trying to locate the file needed and installing it into the program myself. Any help would be much appreciated, because if this is fixed and runs successfully, I might buy the actual program.

thanks.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibUJYa0NrQ2dSWjNMSGZ6WSIsImdkcHIiOjB9