Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Verifying files fails on Mac

Hi!

CXG 7.2 .. installed using the official Install Software .. menu link from CXG.
When I launch the game it starts the patcher and verifies the files .. and stops with an error on File
Binary Data\Shield\CIconData_COMPShopCategory.bin
The patcher just stops doing anything and of course I cannot play.

Please help!

Thomas

I would see this problem occasionally also. (both on Mac and Windows) all the advise in the Megaten forums talk about removing your temporary internet files, which do not exist in CrossOver as such.

I found that waiting and updating later seemed to fix that. But of course it is a pain.

If you want to play without updating do these steps:

1) go to Programs->Run Command...
2) Click on the dropdown "Debug Options"
3) click on "Open Shell"
4) when the shell is open and ready (give it a few seconds to get to the command prompt) type
cd AeriaGames/Megaten
5) then type
wine ./ImagineClient.exe

Of course any file that failed to update will not work. So in your case your CompStore will not work. But at least you can play until it gets sorted out.

I am not sure why it happens but it looks like Megaten downloads a hash file and somehow that hashfile gets cached somewhere and so the number stop lining up. I do not think it is a CrossOver Mac issue but it is annoying never the less.

-aric

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQXNOUTN6bTRIWHZ2YWViMyIsImdkcHIiOjB9