Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

New error message

"Mismatch occurred in data file" ...while verifying ImagineClient.exe

Been trying to work through this for about 30 mins... reinstalling, deleting bottles, etc. No luck.

I -think- this was prompted by the last update from Aeria, the 1.218u patch. Seems like problems are popping up since then. :( (and I was SO hoping to get that Gold rating, too!)

This morning (5-APR-09) I created a new bottle and reinstalled. It worked. Maybe Aeria adjusted something? Maybe I needed to treat it like a wad of bread dough? (that is... let it rest overnight? ;) )

FYI, CXG users aren't the only people having this issue. Tips and work-arounds have been posted on the Aeriagames.com boards for quite some time.

Yeah I see that problem occasionally also. it always seems to fix itself. I even did a bunch of debugging and it looks like there is a hash file that gets cached somewhere and if a file updates but the hash file does not update then we get the error. Waiting a day always seemed to fix it.

If you want to play without updating do these steps:

1) go to Programs->Run Command...
2) Click on the dropdown "Debug Options"
3) click on "Open Shell"
4) when the shell is open and ready (give it a few seconds to get to the command prompt) type
cd AeriaGames/Megaten
5) then type
wine ./ImagineClient.exe

Of course any file that failed to update will not work. So in your case your CompStore will not work. But at least you can play until it gets sorted out.

heh... I can live without the COMPstore :)

On the bright side... it's not a CXG issue.

Somehow, it broke... again. Installing client into shiny new bottle still didn't fix anything.

Using the "Last Resort" part of the Tips that I just posted fixed the issue.

In short, I needed to edit the ImagineUpdate.dat file. Change the word "patch" to "origin" in the BaseURL1 setting, save, and launch the game normally.

Exactly WHAT this does, I have no idea, but it did fix my issue

Harry Davis wrote:

Somehow, it broke... again. Installing client into shiny new
bottle still didn't fix anything.

Using the "Last Resort" part of the Tips that I just posted fixed
the issue.

In short, I needed to edit the ImagineUpdate.dat file. Change the
word "patch" to "origin" in the BaseURL1 setting, save, and launch
the game normally.

Exactly WHAT this does, I have no idea, but it did fix my issue

This works... why? DON'T ASK JUST DO IT XD Thanks!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRnVoZVp4QjhVTVF0SmdSQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9