Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Blank white screen on launch; only starts running when shutting down.

This seems weird behavior: When I launch the game in fullscreen the screen goes white and then... nothing happens. Until I shut the the bottle down, that is. Then the launch finishes and the login screen comes up. And then closes as the shutdown goes through.

I'm using a two-year old Macbook Pro with an external monitor, should that make a difference.

I've only a trial version of crossover games, and any purchase thereof is contingent on getting this game running smoothly...

There is sort of a long pause with a white screen before the game starts. Try waiting a few more minutes.

-aric

Well, I left it for about a quarter of an hour, and nothing. Well, nothing until I told it to shut down, then it worked, albeit until it shut down.

I would like to stress that this isn't happening in windowed mode. But the game does seem to chug badly when run in a window like that...

Ah, I just found the show-stopper. A warning box that pops up underneath the game, well, the white box where the game should go, warning about unsupported shaders. Any way to stop that coming up?

Let's rule out the two-headed portable as an issue. Try running it with the MBP's own LCD. If that still doesn't work, keep reading.

Click the Settings button in the IMAGINE Updater, set it to Full Screen mode and then Apply. This will undo/fix any changes made to the OutsideOptions.txt file, and try it again. Still fail? Try the other screen size in Settings.

If that fails, check the OS X control panel for what screen sizes are supported. (I find it highly unlikely that 800x600 and 1024x768 would not be listed in the control panel, but stranger things have happened.) I have found that if the screen size that is in the OutsideOption.txt file is not listed in the Monitors control panel, you will end up with a blank, white screen.

Verify that one of the OS X supported sizes is being used in the OustideOption.txt file in the SMT-I bottle. Don't make assumptions about the resolutions, either. Just because the aspect matches the monitor (i.e. 16:10) doesn't mean that the resolution works. 1440x900 does not work on my 1680x1050 iMac.

post script... The Pixel/Vertex shader warning is just hardware-supported eye candy. Definitely not critical to the game. You're just losing out on a full screen glow/blur effect.

OK, when run on the laptop screen alone the warning appears over the top of the game, not a problem. Only when I'm using the external does the warning dialogue bring everything to a halt by being inaccessible beneath the game. Once the warning is dismissed, either through the task manager or through shutting down, the game starts just fine.

OK Last series of questions. :)

When running with the external monitor... is it set to mirror the MPB screen (i.e. same picture on both)? ...or disable the MBP for the external only? ...or expand the desktop across two monitors? If it is an expanded desktop, which monitor is #1? Which monitor is SMT showing on?

If it's an expanded desktop, it could be either an issue with SMT:I itself (not supporting multiple monitors) or CXG.

Only other thing I can suggest, if you're not doing so already, is to disable any mirroring or expanded desktop, and use the external monitor exclusively.

Extended Desktop, external is the primary.

Shutting off the laptop's display (by closing the case, then waking it up still closed) solved the issue.

I suspect this is due to a known problem with dual monitors. If your primary display is not top-left-most, then full-screen mode won't work properly.

As you've discovered in a roundabout way, the workaround is to make your primary display top-left-most. Obviously, if you revert to a single monitor configuration (like with the built-in display disabled), then the primary display is always top-left-most.

This is fixed internally and the fix will be included in the next release of CrossOver Games.

Just FYI - CrossOver Standard/Pro was just released, with improved support for dual monitors. Makes sense that it would be jumping back to CXG for its 8.0 release.

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibmNzRWtNSHd1QVY1c25DYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9