Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Consistent Error and Crashes

Hi!

Well I am a new custumer see i am trying the trial version of Crossover 7.2 and i downloaded the game Shin Megami Tensei Imagine. Now i have been trying to play the game but it does not work, and i read all of the forums but none answer my problem. Please help me::::

This is the Problem:

I downloaded the game using the bottle Megaten. i tried playing the game i make a character and i do the begininng but after a few moments in the game it crashes. In game, all the graphic settings are low. i have it windowed 800x600. Still does not work. So I try the dianostics. i click on the DirectX files tab, it says i am missing a file called ddrawex.dll. I downloaded that file and it didnt change anything, not only that i didnt know where to put it. So then i tryed the display tab and tryed the Direct3D test first. it wasnt workin so i download DirectX 9 and it passed the dianostics test. Then tryed the DrawDirect test and it did not work, so i assume the problem has to do with the Draw Direct and thats not the only thing. when i play the game, before it crashes it says this:

(1.222)An error has occured(10009)[][47,90,0]. Quitting Shin Megami Tensei Imagine

now im not a computer perso but i would like to know what to do. i tryed so many things and they all do not work. my computer is this:
Mac OSX Version 10.5.6
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB SDRAM

Please help me
Thank you

I would suggest reinstalling into a new bottle using the Install Software menu command. That does extra stuff that simply running the installer in a bottle would do.

Nope the same stuff still happens. i put a new bottle and the same stuff happens i tryed a win vista and a winxp.

Very strange. ...because if you install the game through the "Configure -> Install Software…" menu, you don't get a choice of bottle type. That is how you're doing it, right?

Yes sir. So i shut dowm my comp for about 12 hours now and i tried and the same thing happen

I'm out of ideas then. Check the message boards / tech support on the Aeria Games website. ...maybe there's something there.

I am getting the exact same error. :/

So, I am no longer having errors or problems with Shin Megami Tensei.

Let me just clarify that I am using a Macbook (OS X 10.4.11), 2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, with 1GB memory, and a crappy 64MB integrated Intel graphics card. I also have the registered version of Crossover not a trial.

WARNING: If you have other games installed this may not be the best thing for you unless you can somehow back them up or if you have their setup.exes.

This is what I did:
First, I uninstalled Crossover Games 7.2. I used the app "AppCleaner" to complete remove all the files associated with Crossover Games. You can download it off the Apple website if you want to use it.

Then, I downloaded DirectX 9.0c from here. (I used the link posted on the "Tips and Tricks" for Darkness Falls.)

Now, I reinstalled Crossover Games, and created a winxp bottle; you'll use the same bottle throughout the process of course.

Next, I went to Configure, Install Software, Install Unsupported Software, Selected my newly made bottle, and chose the directx_nov2008_redist.exe. This won't actually install DirectX 9 but export the installation files. Make sure you pick a destination you'll remember. I picked Y:/Desktop, which is my Mac desktop.

Once it finishes exporting the files, open Install Unsupported Software again. This time select DXSETUP.exe from the folder you exported the files to. It will install DirectX on your winxp bottle.

When DX's installation is complete, open up Install Software again. This time, select Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine from the list. Since you already have the file, just choose the installer and complete the installation. It should install some Japanese font along with the game.

Update and run the game; should work fine!

This was just my personal experience, but I found that installing Direct X first helped me avoid many errors. Let me know if this helps.
I would also like to add that I had just replaced Crossover 7.2 with whatever version and files I had prior, and I believe that may have caused me problems.

so i give up but you guys need to hurry up and make cross over 7.3 so tthis game can be gold and i can play it

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUkFCZDhQVjlMNU1kMjVkbSIsImdkcHIiOjB9