Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Font problem?

Yeah. So, there's quite a story behind this. Anyhow. I used to be able to run this perfectly in CXG 8.0 before, however, I reinstalled Leopard on another harddrive, now it doesn't run as perfectly anymore. In fact, it's kind of ugly.
Almost all text in the game is just white or black boxed. I think there's a missing font? I don't know. To run this I use CXG 7.2.0, and that works flawlessly for me right now, same bottle.
Why did I get this problem now?

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Uh, yeah, this is what it looks like for me:
Link to image of problem.

hey!

same here fonts are missing with v 8.0.0
but game works "fine" with v 7.2.0

imac c2d 1gb ram / ati x1600 - 128mb vram / osx 10.4.11 (tiger)

Hey!

looks like transparency is mixed up with v 8.0
megaten - COG v8.0
#######
transparency in v 7.2.0
megaten - COG v7.2.0

I'm having exactly the same problem - I'm new to this game, but not to Crossover, and it's been fairly sketchy in the past, but never anything like this! Would you guys just recommend running it through v7.2.0 instead of v8.0 then? Is this the current only way to resolve this problem? Any help's much appreciated!

Sometimes there are boxes instead well squares i think it should be numbers or something like that.

hey

fontproblem is still not fixed even not in v8.2.0
its not possible to enter the game without fonts,
you cannot change maps,
you cannot buy items,
you cannot use basic gamefunctions
i cannot see why its rated for gold, please stay frank on this

im back again on v7.2.x the last working version for megaten - to bad error 10001 and 10009 kicks me out over and over again - yes i know win users also have this problem but not as worse as me with mac/ crossovergames

intel c2d 2Ghz / 2Gbram / ati x1600 128mbVram
osx 10.4.11

regards
AwneeDawner

Awnee Dawner wrote:

hey

fontproblem is still not fixed even not in v8.2.0
its not possible to enter the game without fonts,
you cannot change maps,
you cannot buy items,
you cannot use basic gamefunctions
i cannot see why its rated for gold, please stay frank on this

im back again on v7.2.x the last working version for megaten - to
bad error 10001 and 10009 kicks me out over and over again - yes i
know win users also have this problem but not as worse as me with
mac/ crossovergames

intel c2d 2Ghz / 2Gbram / ati x1600 128mbVram
osx 10.4.11

regards
AwneeDawner

The fontproblem does not persist on OS X 10.6.
Also, error 10001 and 10009 are graphics related (please check this topic). If anything I suggest you install it into a fresh bottle and perhaps upgrade your OS.
It runs perfectly fine on my MacBook 2,1.

Good luck
/[GS]Dojan5 Megaten GameSage

8.2 is not a good version to test this with. It was a release mostly just for Star Trek: Online and it was known to cause many other problems with other applications. Please try again with 9.0.

If you install it with the application profile provided by CrossOver then it should install the fonts automatically.

Just because it bears repeating... Use CXG's installer process and don't simply run the installer manually (or copy files!). Otherwise you will omit support files, including the fonts required by SMTI.

Harry Davis wrote:

Just because it bears repeating... Use CXG's installer process and
don't simply run the installer manually (or copy files!). Otherwise
you will omit support files, including the fonts required by SMTI.

This is a very valid point.
I do however recall having to install fonts manually afterwards as the fonts installed was incorrect.

1 to 11 of 11

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS0NScHlYNlF2VnJ6RmRyZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9