Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Performance Issues

This is a request to Codeweavers: Please improve the performance issues in Megaten: Imagine. As it is, even with my late 2008 Macbook Pro I am having issues running the game. Here are my in-game settings:

Resolution - 1024x768 (tried the game at 1360x768 but the performance was horrible)

BG Rendering Distance - Far (doesn't improve FPS at all to lower all the way)
Character Rendering Distance - Second notch to lowest (I'd lower it all the way, but I'm a gunner and need the range)
Effect Rendering Distance - Far (doesn't improve FPS at all to lower all the way)
Animation Quality - High (doesn't improve FPS at all to lower all the way)
Texture Resolution - High (doesn't improve FPS at all to lower all the way)

Shadows - Disabled (every time I start the game I have to enabled and then disable them due to a texture bug)
Weather - On (doesn't improve FPS at all to disable)
Fog - On (doesn't improve FPS at all to disable)
Screen Effects Filter - Off (Improved FPS by about 5 to disabled than leave on, though honestly, with my video card I shouldn't see a performance boost here)

(Note - These settings are the result of 30 hours of testing, they are the most optimal I can find.)

With these settings the game is somewhat playable. But I dare not go onto Channel 1 as it has the highest volume of players. I've tried doing raids with my clan, but having a group of more than 4 players will cause my FPS to suffer significantly. The game renders everything really well. But when it comes to other players and enemies, the FPS chugs at best. Thus unless you want to play an MMO for a single-player experience (and who does?), I'd like to request that Codeweavers tries to improve performance of this game. It's really fun. I place it on the level of Guild Wars and DDO in terms of how well the combat system works and such. It's just that you can't have an extremely social experience with the game at the moment.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

I'm curious what computer you have and what version of CXG you're running.
I'm running this on CXG 7.2.0 as I randomly got some majour glitches on 8.0.0 on a MacBook 2.1.
My tip is disable fog and shadows.
For me shadows are glitchy, and fog gives a weird texture problem whereas you can't see certain textures.
Fog and shadows are majour FPS hoggers, and I guess that's what causes most of the trouble.
I personally play this game a lot, (Lv 60 MB gunner), with all settings on the highest, but the fog and the shadows turned off.

Could you try to turn those two off and tell me the difference?

Didn't read much of my post, did you (said in a jokingly way)? I use a late 2008 Macbook Pro (MB Pro 5,1). This uses an Nvidia 9600m GT. I also listed my current settings. Fog doesn't boost performance if I disable it, so I leave it on (I don't have any texture artifacts either, that might be a 7.2.8 bug). But I do disable shadows (which glitches textures so I have to enable and disable them every time I switch channels or login). This is using Crossover Games 8.0.

Here's something for you: even if I disable and lower EVERY SINGLE SETTING, I cannot have more than 10 people on my screen at once. It's virtually setting independent. The only difference being Shadows, which limits me to about 7 people on screen at once. I've also tried disabled GLSL (which is enabled by default in 8.0 but disabled by default in 7.2.8), but it makes no difference.

It was a semi-fresh install of 8.0. It was a new bottle though.

Also Snow Leopard 10.6.1. Isn't OffscreenRenderingMode defaulted to fbo? I know it is for wine at least.

Oops. Sorry I must have missed that the fonts on these boards are a bit wonky for me at the moment (extremely small and hard to read).
Perpixel shading is enabled by default as of CXG 8... I have personally had a lot more problems with CXG8 than with CXG7.2.0...
Right now I'm running Leopard and not Snow Leopard. I will upgrade at some point, however I will probably wait until around Februaryish to give Snow Leopard a time to straighten out.

At the moment I can't think of any solution, I'll let you know when I do.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRWhLa1ROSE45Wm5lcmdHVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9