Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Shin Megami Tensei - Imagine.c4p

hey!

when i try to "install via C4P" from your website -> ShinMegamiTensai - Imagine.c4p is downloaded so far so good.
when i click the downloaded .c4p file Crossover Software Installer is launched and an alert with this text on top:

---

Load untrusted C4P file?
the c4p file - shin megami tensei - imagine.c4p is not from a trusted source!

this means that codeweavers has no knowledge or control what actions profiles from this c4p file may attempt. be very cautious loading untrusted c4ps as they can cause great damage to your computer.

finally c4p loading is still in alpha and may be unreliable. you will get no support from codeweavers with issues involved in loading untrusted c4p files.

---

what to do now and why is a nontrusted filed downloaded from codeweavers website?

Hey!

That's quite peculiar really. Given the fact that you downloaded the C4P from this website I don't think there's anything wrong with it.
However, if you're feeling cautious you could always download the client directly from the gamershell mirror.
I typically recommend using said mirror if people are having troubles with the downloader found on Aerias website (it's not always reliable), but it's a working substitute for anything really.

Best of luck
/Dojan5 - Megaten Game Sage

Disregard the warning about the untrusted C4P/TIE file. Any of them not built in will generate that error. Don't be concerned with that.

Installing SMTI requires the C4P/TIE (either here or built-in) so that the support files install properly, so you're doing the right thing so far. The Akamai-powered downloader will most likely hang, as you found out.

When it hangs, click Stop, then "Don't Save Progress", then Cancel Installation. Now restart the install from the C4P/TIE file but redirect it to the existing bottle. (i.e. do not create a new bottle). The download will start as expected.

Actually it installs all the required files if you install it through the menu alternative, regardless of whether or not you're using the C4Ps.
Akamai doesn't always perform well, even on Windows, so it's not that weird if something goes awry in an application overlay.

Personally I just prefer downloading the client directly from Gamershell as it's a lot less hassle than using the downloader.

For what it's worth... I just reinstalled everything under CXG 10.0.1 (Mac) and the installer worked without a hitch.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRWVOemhrR2RrbWRwNXBncyIsImdkcHIiOjB9