Sid Meier's Railroads! Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Runs, but crashes

I installed Railroads! using Paulthetall's instructions (setting the game to run in a window and disabling the intro movies is not necessary, as it turned out) and by and large, the game runs well and smooth on my 13" MacBook Pro (Nvidia 9400M, 4 GB RAM, MacOS X 10.6.3 and CXG 8.1.4) with the settings on a medium level.

But: the game crashes after roughly 10 minutes, every time.

CrossOver Games 9.0 only improves the situation marginally: the crash after 10 minutes appears to occur no longer, but now the game instantly crashes on trying to open the "Options" dialog. The performance is also a bit worse than before.

Crossover Games: 9.2

The game crashes after a few minutes. Turned of the intro videos and also set VBlankSynch to 0. I also set msxml3 to native windows.

In WineHQ some wrote "But it all works, the game has crashed frequently when building trains track or deposits. This only happens when there is no AI player.". I tried 3 times with 3 AI players but still got this crashes. Ideas?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVHN0WThHY2haV2FWcnE5ZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9