SimCity 3000 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Introductory Comments

I've been fiddling with SC3 (actually SC3 Unlimited---SC3U) and here's what I know:

1. Under WineX, it will install but not run. (CVS version as of 1st week May 2004).

2. Under the latest Wine release (20040408), it will install and when I run it, I get a window which says "A debugger has been detected" in the title bar and in the message area it says "Unload the debugger and try again" with an "OK" box.

3. Using the Crossover Plugin (which I uninstalled and now need to _re_install!), I was able to install, but not run.

As I work through the possibilities, I'll try to get some error messages up here, for others to compare against. I've been testing two different programs and both seemed to have problems with __strtol_internal being invalid.

My system details: I'm running an AMD Athlon....er.... 1.33MHz I think, with 1GB of DDR memory. I've got a Slackware 9.0 distro, running a 2.4.20 kernel.

Since others have already posted that 1) there is a Linux version available and 2) locations to purchase said Linux version, I'd like to see those who want to get their Windows copy running on Linux share their troubles. Maybe between the bunch of us, we can make it work?

Anne.

Anonymous

Tryed crossover office in a demo version, to see if simcity 3000 would run.
I only encountered one problem, but a serious one, it couldn't find the CD-ROM drive, and I have no idea how to point it to the right location.
To bad though, sim-city, the sims and my civilization games are all i miss from my windows past.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS1VMTmFIeXNIckVKTUt2YSIsImdkcHIiOjB9