SimCity 3000 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Made the application work under 7.2.2 by emulating a 640 by 480 desktop

Read the tips and tricks for more details

I tried that and the emulated desk was still blank after several minutes. I'm using 7.2.2 on Arch Linux (rolling release) with KDE 4.2 and a Quadro FX 570M GPU with the latest nvidia driver.

Was the audio working fine? Also what operating system did you use for the bottle?

There was no sound. I set the bottle to XP, since I've ran SC3K just fine before in XP (SP2 and SP3) without problems.

Try installing it into a Windows 98 bottle, if you hear sound its just a matter of waiting a few minutes. I only achieved success within a Windows 98 bottle.

I tried reinstalling into a Win 98 bottle and it just crashed within a couple seconds.

Thats what worked for me using the mac version of crossover games. I guess that linux is different enough that is doesn't work. I'll add a note to the tips and tricks that its for mac.

Are you running Unlimited Edition or just regular SimCity 3000? I'm running the former, which might have different DRM stuff in the CD then the latter.

I'm running unlimited edition, I didn't make a new application for it in the compatibility database because they say not to create different entries for different editions.

Years later, I finally got it working on the CrossOver 12.5 beta by using a Windows 2000 bottle and emulated desktop. From my ranking history, I haven't tried versions between 8.1.4 and 12.5, and I don't remember which versions of Windows I tried setting the bottles to before, so I don't know what caused it to start working. I'm not even sure if I tried Windows 2000 before. At any rate, I made a CrossTie for setting the Windows version and desktop emulation and set the CrossOver version to 12.5.

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWXd6TWN6QXF4eWF5TnRRSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9