Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Flashing video

It was interesting the install (clicking on the tie in the game page) went to Steam - I have the GOG version.
ANyrate, the opening scenes have several artifacts flashing around. Once I get into a game, there are video issues. That path between planets does not always show up, sometimes the planets look like cylinders, and other areas flash as well. Not all that playable frankly.
I tried doing this in the Porting Kit but was never able to select the installer, so went this path.
Any suggestions on cleaning up the video? Hate to think I wasted $50

You can always revert back to older versions of crossover.
Well, this game is updated quite often so this will lead to some compatibility problems with crossover.
It used to work very well on 14.1.11 but it was before all those new updates for this game, so i can't say for sure if it will work as it did before.

you can try 15.3.1 for best quality, or 16.2.5 even thou it has some minor glitches

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWUpQNUY5R0E3czNGcVN3QSIsImdkcHIiOjB9