Sins of a Solar Empire Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Enable Mac Driver

Working in Crossover 12 with Mac driver enabled thru Steam. Including the activation issue mentioned in previous posts.

What do you mean "mac driver" its not working for me.

How to enable the Mac Driver:

1. Launch CrossOver and go to Configure>Manage Bottles
  2. Select your Steam bottle and click the 'Advanced' button
  3. Check the 'Enable experimental Mac Driver' box
  4. Click the 'Reboot Bottle and Enable Mac Windows Bypass' button

Then launch your apps.

I had the same experience: I get a white screen when running Sins until I enable the "experimental Mac driver". Once I do that, I get a jumbled screen for a second, then the game runs full-screen and properly supports my full native resolution (1680x1050).

I also had to discard the original launcher because it runs a Sins launcher (Sins Trinity.exe) that does not work properly. Instead, you have to run "Sins of a Solar Empire.exe" directly.

Another note to prospective players: I purchased the physical "Sins of a Solar Empire : Trinity" DVD which comes with a serial number printed on the inside of the case. Using that serial number, I was able to register with Stardock via their website (had to search for "register" as it's not an obvious option), then download the latest installer. So, if you have a physical DVD you can still install the "Stardock" version and never use the physical DVD for anything but a coaster.

Env: Mac OS 10.8.3, CrossOver 12.1.2, Sins Trinity 1.37.

I can confirm this. Digital download of Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity installs fine in Crossover 12.1.2 when using the experimental Mac driver. The "Trinity" launcher does not work though. Using the "Run Command" option on the Crossover menu, browse to "Sins of a Solar Empire.exe" and run that instead. You can save it to the menu for easy access.

Has anyone tried the new "Rebellion" expansion to this yet?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic1NoRlpzZW5rRlZwUjhwTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9