Sins of a Solar Empire Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing Sins

I'm having a hard time getting Sins to install. More accurately, I'm having a hard time getting Impulse to install so that I can even download and attempt to run Sins. The .NET 2.0 stuff seems to consistently fail to install for me. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

We're still working on .NET, but we are making some progress now. It finally installs successfully in our development code(before it pretended to succeed, but didn't actually install properly). First apps start to run, but there are still bugs hiding and debugging .NET is horrible due to its virtual machine nature and odd bytecode.

If you have a windows machine available, and either a network connection or a large enough flash drive (2 gig will do ya), you can just copy the Stardock Games folder out and put it into your Crossover programs folder.

I installed Sins easily, but not by clicking the CDROM option, rather, I selected the location of the disk that was mounted and ran the Setup program.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSHBDY3N2OTRhWXV5YUh0YiIsImdkcHIiOjB9