S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

HELP? Steam with Crossover 10+11 has never worked for me.

Help would be appreciated!

Tried this game multiple times across multiple versions of Crossover 10.1.2 onwards and on multiple machines.
Each time I applied the dll overrides steps from the tips and tricks section but no luck yet.

Get a black screen on launch with bug catcher dialog box saying about an error "X-Ray Engine BREAKPOINT caused in module with with xrCore.dll" I have always tested on both XP and Vista Bottles with the same result every time.

From past comments it sounds like people have had success in earlier versions of CrossOver.
Did it used to work with Crossover 9 or something?
I may end up trying this sometime as I know that earlier versions use other versions of Wine.

As usual I always test with a bottle that has a whole bunch of dependancies installed like .NET and all the rest of them.

My recent Crossover 11.0.2 tests had the following installed in the bottle
Modern Direct X, NVIDIA PhysX, XML Parser 3+4+6, .NET 3.5, Visual C++ 2005, Visual C++ 2008, Core Fonts, Flash Player 10 with ActiveX and Media Player 10

[i]Mac Pro - 8 Core Xeon 2.8ghz
GeForce 8800GT
Tried Crossover 10.3 + 10.2 + 10.1.2 and also Crossover 11.0.2
Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard[/i]

Plus I have tested on my MacBook Pro
[i]Intel i7 2.66ghz with turbo boost to over 3ghz
Geforce GT 330M
Tested Crossover 10.1.2 + 10.2
Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard[/i]

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYXdSeGhWNm1NcTdodnRnViIsImdkcHIiOjB9