S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Where do I start?

I bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R. from Steam and I downloaded Crossover Games. Can someone please run me through the step-by-step process of installing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with Crossover Games?

Hi,

Install Steam by using the installation target in the 'Support Applications'
section of the cxinstaller GUI ; once complete, start Steam and login using
your Steam username/password. In the Steam GUI, in your game Library area, you
should see the game entry ; right-click -> install game -- acknowledge the
pop-up windows and let the game install. Once finished, launch the game...

Cheers!

So this is what happened:
I clicked install, and it made a desktop shortcut for S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and when I clicked it a message came up saying "not available on your current platform. :/
I noticed that crossover games had already converted some random game files i had strewn about my desktop (not actual games just downloads that I downloaded for games not realizing the downloads were only for P.C.) into "crossover" files, but it hasnt done anything to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. What should I do?

(It had already finished installing when it did this btw)

1. start crossover games. The window will give you two options:

1 Install Windows Software
2 Run Installed Software

If you do not get this screen, go to the crossover games menu at the top of your screen and click [help] and then [welcome]. Then choose Install Windows Software from the screen.

On the Crossover Software Installer Screen select "Steam" from the Supported Applications. Then click [proceed]. This will install Steam.

Go back to the Welcome Screen and click
2 Run Installed Software. You should see a Steam folder. Click it. Click the Steam icon inside.

Once steam comes up, enter your Steam username and password. If you do not have a Steam account, you need to register. Once you've entered your registration information, on the Steam Menu, go to [Library] and click on STALKER. Select [Install].

Once it has been installed, you can then click [play] from the Steam Menu to play the game.

The first time I played STALKER, I had a problem with the mouse being stuck.

Click on the "Tips & Tricks" tab you see above here at codeweavers (two places to the right of the "Forum" tab right there above us). There's a tip for the Falling Cursor fix. Use Don's suggestion. It's easier and quicker. Let me know if you need more help!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVHlORlN3VVB3dm14a0dNayIsImdkcHIiOjB9