S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Anyone tried the GOG version?

Anyone tried the GOG version?

I tried it this evening.
The installer crashed near the end on an unclickable error message.

Windows XP bottle.
Installed DirectX and Visual C 2008.

Should've tried again but I couldn't be arsed.
Will let you know if I try again tomorrow.

EDIT:
Might want to know that I'm on a late 2010 Macbook Air running Mavericks.

Run the installer by adding the /nogui option. The command should look like: <path_to_installer>/installer.exe /nogui.

Known problem, more details here:

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=32451

Seems like it's well understood what the cause is, just nobody bothered to fix it because /nogui can be used :(

Oooh, must try that.
Shame I deleted the installer :(

GOG version installs & runs perfectly for me without doing anything special (clean bottle, no redistributables required, running on Mint 16).

Installs on my Macbook Air with the /nogui fix.
Runs great with static lighting.

I Fixed the tie with /nogui option. Should work now out ofd the box.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic3dSVE53WGhSQmdFZDNoWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9