S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

dynamic lighting

As everyone knows dynamic lighting is disabled in stalker but... it's possible to turn it on under linux version of wine (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=7377).

I thought it might be possible with corossover too so i opened regedit.exe and changed "OffscreenRenderingMode" to "fbo".
It enabled the option to choose full dynamic lighting, but as I started the game, only 2d object were rendered fine while the rest was just a black screen.

Any ideas how to use dynamic lightning in stalker?

edit:

Ok i managed to get the dynamic light working by tweaking the registry but now i can't see any NPC's :(
When i try to open stalker again it just crashes.

Can anyone help me with this one?

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I wonder if it is tied into DX9 and some of the other visual goodies which don't work in Crossover. With the exception of these minor things, STALKER runs fabulously on my MBP 2.5 GHz. It would be nice to get dynamic lighting working, though.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaFVwUXZCblhKUlBkTnNCUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9