S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Red Grass & Flickering Grass

Seeing the grass flicker in and out of existence in the game, also there are patches of grass that are floating. This floating grass is bright red as if it's a debug feature. Also the formation for this red grass is that of a wall rather than on the ground.

EDIT - Neither the flickering nor red grass occur when any dynamic lighting is used, but as noted below, this has its own issues.

Other glitches with the game include shearing vertices when it's raining (exacerbated by lightning) and blurring in the sky-box when dynamic lighting is used (either objects or full).

EDIT - The shearing vertices seem only to occur when settings are changed in-game. I'm suspecting Anisotropics; when set to off, quit the game and relaunch.

This is running CrossOver Games 8.0 with Snow Leopard (Build 10A432), using the NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT in my 2.93 GHz 17-inch MacBook Pro which has 4 GB of RAM.

I had the same issues, so I went on a Googling spree. I figured I had to set OffScreenRenderMode as fbo and set it to static lighting.

You need to use regedit (run Windows Command).
Browse to:
HKEY_CurrentUser>Software>Wine>Direct3D (create if not present)
Add the following key (or edit):
OffscreenRenderingMode

Set it to:
"fbo"

Without the quotes
Also create:
useGLSL

And set it to:
"enabled"

I would recommend you trying them one at a time, as I am not entirely sure what did it for me. If you are able to set it to dynamic, please let me know. I only got it to work OK by using static lighting.

Sorry a bit new to this regedit stuff but is this how you did it?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR3ZRZ2d0VEZoVVJQVUZ5TiIsImdkcHIiOjB9