S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mouse problems

Installed and launched this game without problems on Crossover 8.0 on Snow Leopard. Unfortunately, the mouse control is immediately screwed - the cursor stays in the bottom left of the screen and only jerks about randomly as I move the mouse. Happens in full screen or windowed mode.

This means the game is completely unplayable - I can't even use the game menus to configure it. Any ideas anyone?

Dan.

I was able to use the keyboard to access the options menu. From there with some patience I was able to get the mouse to click the "Windowed mode" option and then "Use". Once I got the game into Windowed mode it ran fine.

You might try enabling the virtual desktop using winecfg to see if that helps with the mouse problem (at least until you can switch game to use its own windowed mode).

Another thing to try is using regedit to add the following: navigate to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\DirectInput]; create the DirectInput key if it doesn't exist; create a string value named MouseWarpOverride and experiment with the values "disable" or "force". (The default when this value doesn't exist is "enable".)

Awesome, many thanks for the tips! I was able to get it working using the winecfg virtual desktop, and switch it to windowed that way. Virtual desktop actually has an advantage over running the game windowed, since I can move the wine window around on the real desktop. Not sure what the implications are for performance though. But once again, may thanks, folks!

Dan.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZksyY0Mzc0F3NzhVNHRSRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9