S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

stalker complete 2009 does it work?

or will just make my mac explode, http://stalker.filefront.com/file/STALKER_Complete_2009;107745

I saw this the other day and really wanted it to work but i can't even get SoC to play decently

I installed Compleat 2009 threw bootcamp and it does work in crossover. However it has the same problems as STALKER normally has for me anyway. (Black and white leveles, generally unplayable performace.)

I have an iMac 2GB ram and a ATI X1600 graphics. So maby a newer system could handle it :)

Hi, Peachey. I'm using the STEAM version, and it works for me (although I have some mouse issues). I have only 1GM ram, and an Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT, so my Mac isn't even as good as yours.

Have you tried running a log to see what the problem is?

Black and white levels could be a problem with FBO. My Mac doesn't like FBO and I have to backbuffer. Try going to Programs and Run command. Select your STALKER bottle and then browse to the exe. Check the box for the log. Remember where it saves the log. After you load up the game, exit out and use notepad or whatever to view the log. Look for keywords that look like something's not working. If it says "FBO" anything, let me know and I'll walk you through a solution.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNWhZM0V6V25RQnRaOVZVQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9