S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installs perfectly but when i try to launch it asks for the CD/DVD to be Inserted, (v.8.1.4, S.T.A.L.K.E.R)

As i said in the subject, it installs perfectly until i try to run it. then it comes up with the message, 'no disc inserted. please instert the CD/DVD'
i've purchased the game twice in fear of it being an insignificant scratch on the disc but both copies are not working.
i need help, stalker is an amazing game. the best i've ever played.

Sorry for double post

Ye you probably need one of those exe files that allows you to play without the disk

Alex

The Digital Rights Management (DRM) software in this program
prevents it from running in CrossOver. If you are in a legal jurisdiction
which allows removal of such software, you may have luck running this
program. Unfortunately, CodeWeavers, because they are subject to the
Digital Millennium Copyright Act, will be unable to support you.

thankyou anyway, i'll give it another try. it'll be worth it if it works, unfortunate if it doesn't.
i'm only 16 i have a lot of time on my hands.
thanks

Hehehe me too

Alex

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUG5UVXRBbnVWcldUU3V6RyIsImdkcHIiOjB9