S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Stalker Wont recognise mouse / keyboard

I cannot get Stalker to recognise my mouse or keyboard. it is the Steam version in CX9 on OSx 10.6.

Any thoughts? I can access the Steam overlay with shift-tab and that recognises the mouse and keybord but Stalker wont.

Hi,

I've got that Steam title here -- I'll just have to restore it ;
can you tell us which model mac you have, what videocard it has etc?

I'll give it a check in the next 30minutes or so...

Cheers!

Hi Don,

Thanks for the reply.

I have an intel Mac 2.53GHZ Core 2 Duo 4GB withNVidea Gforce9600Gt (512 vram) videocard.

Cheers.

Hi again,

Confirming the issue -- I'll have to suspect this has something to do
with the Steam UI update that happened in the last few days - previously
I had that title as known to be working, indeed on the linux box it was
running fine a week or so ago -- now;

linux with 9800gt/1024mb --- fails to start with emulated virtual desktop mode on or off

iMac with HD5670/512mb -- with emulated virtual desktop mode on, I can replicate your report - no mouse/keyboard input
-- with emulated virtual desktop mode OFF, I can get keyboard input, but mouse pointer continually
drops to bottom of/off screen of it's own accord.

I'll submit a support ticket on it - thanks for the heads-up!

Cheers!

ps: I tried a few tricks but nothing seemed to help matters any ;-/

Hi.

I have an iMac 10.6.4, Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT, 128 vram, 1gb ram
I'm running Crossover Games 9.1

I have Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl on Steam. My steam updated the other day, and Stalker works for me as well as it did before: meaning the mouse is temporarily stuck at the bottom. If I move my mouse really fast on the menu screen, I can briefly see it.

Try using the arrow keys to navigate to the Options tab on the Stalker menu. Now, before, I had to actually HIT the Fullscreen box to uncheck it. Meaning I would put my mouse on a large book and try to run it up the screen and then -click-click-click- as it came down, hoping to hit that tiny little box because the mouse will work in windowed mode (though I personally had video resolution problems). Now however, all I have to do is hit the USE button good and solid, and that's good because it's a lot easier to hit. Once I've done that, I can keep playing in full-screen and the mouse works and I have no nasty GIANT CURSOR graphics errors (that have plagued a few of my games).

So anyway, try to see if you can navigate to Options and see if running your mouse will temporarily unstick it from the bottom and try to hit that USE button. See if that works for you.

yeah, i think the Steam update fried it....I just fired up another
linux partition with the previous version of Steam (set in offline
mode) and it has SoC installed as well -- still works fine there in
linux, but two linux installs here -with- the latest steam update
are refusing to start it....and it -was- working brill on the Mac
before the update...{sigh}..."here we go again" 8)

Well Thanks Don for checking it out.

I think codeweavers need to get a moderator on the forums to be able to quickly change the medal ratings for games or to be able to put up info on the compatibility page for games that have stopped working - i bought a few meddalled (?) games now that don't work at all ☹️

Cheers

P.S. I can also confirm the same issues with Stalker Call of Pripyat as well (got the steam weekend special)

Hi,

A moderator wouldn't help in such instances because A>no one, not even the
Codeweaver's crew have all titles, B>it's near impossible to cover these sorts
of sporadic changes that sometimes come with Steam updates and C>the medal ranking
is representative of all releases of Stalker: SoC....ie; for all we know, the
disc based or other digital download releases of SoC may still be working fine ;
we just know the Steam version has been hit.

Wrt Stalker:CoP ...thanks, not surprising obviously (both games using the same
engine) -- I'm hopeful the codeweaver's devs will come up with a solution (if they
can) ASAP...so don't think you've bought bad/non-working titles -- it's just a
change in the Steam UI that has caused this, and the codeweaver's folks typically
move pretty fast to address those changes as Steam if officially supported.

Cheers!

Hi Don

i disabled the Steam overlay as in this thread http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=6369;forum=1;msg=64113

that seems to have done the trick

Cheers.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback!....I just got around to checking that and can confirm
the steam community overlay or whatever does seem to be the spoiler - I'll add
this info to the ticket to make the issue easier to track...

Cheers!

We have confirmed that a number of recent bugs in Steam games are due to changes in the in-game community overlay DLL. For some games, disabling the in-game community feature via Steam's settings is good enough to fix the problem. For other games, that's not enough.

For those, you can go into the Wine Configuration (winecfg) tool via Manage Bottles -> select bottle with Steam -> Control Panel. On winecfg's Applications tab, click Add Application. Select the executable of the Steam game that's having the problem (or just type its filename, like foobar.exe) and click Open. Select the Libraries tab of winecfg. Type GameOverlayRenderer in the "New override for library" edit field, click the Add button, click the Edit button, select Disable, click OK, and click OK. That prevents the in-game community overlay from even being loaded for that game.

If you don't use the in-game community, you might find it simpler to just disable it for the whole bottle. To do that, just skip the above steps involving the Applications tab of winecfg. Just leave it with Default Settings selected, which is how it starts, and go straight to the Libraries tab and proceed from there.

1 to 11 of 11

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYzNwVXBHQ0t0QTY5eGM3WCIsImdkcHIiOjB9