S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Page file and crazy textures

I tried running this game a couple of times before discovering the gravity mouse trick, then after that was solved I started single player, waited for it to load, watched the movie, and as soon as it was in the in-game part the textures were all khaki-coloured and staticky. After some fiddling around I found that my vertex shaders were set up incorrectly in winecfg and so I've put them onto hardware rather than "none".

But, everytime I try to reload the game to test whether that was the right choice or not (I figured no vertex shaders had been causing problems for my various 3D games which lately didn't work), it comes up with a german error message asking for a page file. I applied the regedit fix found on the Star Wars Force Unleashed forum, but that has no effect. In fact, nothing really has an effect now including reversing my prior decision, it seems to really want that page file. Is there a way to fix all this?

My 2009 mac mini should be able to run it according to the minimum requirements, but murphy's law is in full effect today! :)

Hi,

You'll need tell us which video card/chipset your Mac has,
along with which version of Crossover games you are using.

Cheers!

Sorry about that, I was in a hurry when typing and forgot that important stuff!
Nvidia Geforce 9400 128MB VRAM
Crossover 8/9 (tried them both).

However, it seems to work now. I believe the problem might actually be a combination of things since not only did Wine in general play up on my computer that day (I believe I had done something wrong with a Wineskin port), but I also believe that the amount of free space on the Mac (7gb when it worked, 6gb when it didn't) may have affected the virtual memory component.

Thus I recommend if anyone else was to be as unlucky as me that they check their free space, and try restarting the computer to get rid off any rogue activities (I couldn't find anything odd as far as Wine goes though, strangely enough, before restarting). If it comes up again I'll see if I can pinpoint the problem better.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOFRhMks1NFpFQmQ5M05jUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9