Star Trek Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Out of memory errors -- whats the cause?

What may be causing the out of memory errors? This is on a new machine, 12GB x64 F15. 560Ti 2GB. CXG 10.1.

I can provide a screenshot of the exact error dialog, but it is rather inconsistent. Sometimes right away, sometimes after a while. My old machine, which was going Fukushima on me, did not have this issue. That was a 4GB x64 F15 with a 1GB Mobile 460 card.

Thanks. Let me know if there is any debug parameters that I can pass STO to provide more useful details.

Andrew.

My guess would be that Wine 'thinks' its running out of address space because it cannot detect the "end" of your memory.

As per the Season 4 Update STO is broken in Crossover (though I've yet to test on Linux, all my testing this morning has been on Mac), but when it's running again I'd try

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D/VideoMemorySize

to 1024 or 2048 and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks, will do. As far as I can tell this is the only game that would require this hack.

Thanks again for the tip.

Hi,

Just installed a 560 ti GTX w/1G mem, and was getting out of video memory errors when trying to play Star Trek Online.

Just used your Registry trick and it fixed my problem!! THANK YOU!!!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicXhhdEZBSEtmelZRZ3JKRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9