Star Trek Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Season 5

No longer works since season 5 update. It simply crashes after trying to login.

I second this. Would like to play STO again..

I'm guessing this is caused by slightly older installs of STO that don't have the "useGLSL=enabled" registry key set.

To apply the registry key, go to Crossover's Run Command menu (which is under "programs", on the Mac), and then select the Star Trek Online bottle and type "regedit" in the command field. In the editor that opens, navigate to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine

add "Direct3D" as a new key under "Wine", and then within "Direct3D" add "UseGLSL" as a string value, modifying the value to "enabled". Close regedit, and try launching STO. The launcher will flicker horribly and annoyingly (which is not new...), but the game should ultimately launch and work.

You'll also need to have the Microsoft HTML Rendering Engine 7 installed in the same bottle as STO. To check and see if it's already there, launch Crossover's Configure>Manage Bottles menu, highlight your Star Trek Online bottle, and then click on "Applications". You should see "Internet Explorer 7" and "Microsoft HTML Rendering Engine 7" in the bottle, among other packages (like Star Trek Online, but you'll find several other packages in there).

If you don't have IE7 and the HTML Rendering Engine 7 in the STO bottle, click on "install software" in the bottom corner of the Manage Bottles menu (with the "Applications" button pressed), and then in the Install Software menu select "Microsoft HTML Rendering Engine 7" from the list of "Community Supported Applications", and proceed to install. It will appear as though you're installing IE7, which is basically true. After this installation is complete (and you've set the "UseGLSL" key), try launching STO.

My install of STO is fairly new so I already has that setting. Turns out since I recently redid my linux setup and reinstalled everything...I forgot to change my wine configuration. I have multiple monitors and must set "Emulate a virtual desktop" to get the game to load.

It's running fine now.

Thanks for the help!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibmF2clhidk1wVGJ6eUprRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9