Star Trek Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

No Sound on Crossover 11

I have started testing my various bottles with the new version and found that I just get silence with Crossover 11. Sound worked fine in Crossover Games 10.0.3. Using the test sound option in Wine Config works in the bottle.

One other issue is the water has a strange graphical anomoly - also seen a little on characters - maybe shadow related.

I'm also having the problem regarding no sound, but so far only in "Star Trek Online." Everything is fine in Rift. In STO, I noticed that in-game, the "Audio" options setting for output has an empty drop menu. Using the Wine Config control panel in the STO bottle to change the sound output settings didn't fix the problem. At the moment, I'm stumped... I imagine it may be a driver issue, but I don't know how to update them for the bottle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you haven't already, it would be best to file a Support Ticket for this issue.

In that ticket, please include the operating system and the version of the operating system you are running (eg MacOS 10.5.8).

Thanks for the advice, Caron! I have submitted the ticket accordingly.

ditto!

On the plus side... we can now enable anti-aliasing! Very nice. All in all, I find that STO runs considerably more smoothly on CX 11. Now all we need is sound. 😉

Take heart, the amazing people at Codeweavers have already found a solution. Cheers!

Just so the workaround is actually listed in this forum thread:

• From CrossOver's Configure menu, select Manage Bottles.
  • In the Manage Bottles window, select the bottle with Star Trek Online in it.
  • Select the Control Panel tab.
  • Launch the Wine Configuration control panel.
  • In the Applications tab of the Wine Configuration window, select gameClient.exe.
  • Select the Libraries tab.
  • Select the entry for "mmdevapi".
  • Click the Remove button.
  • Click the OK button to close Wine Configuration.

Audio should now work in Star Trek Online.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are working on fixing things so that this won't be necessary for future installs of Star Trek Online.

The fix has given me sound! Thank you.

Now I just need to get beyond the loading screen without crashing.

Just installed STO after upgrading to Crossover XI and no sound.

I tried the method shown here but there isn't a library named "mmdevapi"

I tried changing the sound options in the Config option of the Bottle, but still no sound.

Also, I had to reduce the graphics quality from the default 'two-thirds' to 'one-third' in Options in the Game, in order to make the dialogue buttons respond correctly.

In order to have the mmdevapi show up, you have to click on gameClient.exe in the apps list first.
Once you've done that, click on the libraries tab, and you'll see mmdevapi right away.

Philippe Laurent wrote:

In order to have the mmdevapi show up, you have to click on
gameClient.exe in the apps list first.
Once you've done that, click on the libraries tab, and you'll see
mmdevapi right away.

Thanks - that worked. Now I have sound 😊

Tom Kemp wrote:

Also, I had to reduce the graphics quality from the default
'two-thirds' to 'one-third' in Options in the Game, in order to make
the dialogue buttons respond correctly.

Most of the graphics problems (including some crashes) in this game (and the closely related Champions Online) go away if you select the advanced graphics options, go to troubleshooting, and change the amount of video memory available from "Auto" to a fixed value under that of your actual graphics card. The stupid thing assumes it's the only thing using the graphics card and gets put out of joint when it can't use it all.

1 to 14 of 14

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY3I0NEFwaFBCUHNiTlNFdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9