Star Trek Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Long load times?

Just wondering if anyone using CrossOver 11 can comment if the long load times are still there? Need to determine if it's worth me renewing my sub.

Yes, unfortunately this game still takes a long time to load with CrossOver 11. It sits on the 'Loading...' screen with the Star Trek logo for several minutes. Other than that, however, the performance seems to be quite a bit better in this version. Better frame rates and support for anti-aliasing.

As far as I know, STO still requires the HTML rendering engine 7, which results in that fit-inducing flickering as it patches the game.

Also when you move from one section to another there is a patching delay building up the new area. My iMac 2007 it's really a good machine to play it on.

I just wanted to comment that with Crossover 12.1 this game finally loads just as fast as running under Windows :)

So after finding out that the game loaded fast at times and then slow again most other times, I set out to find how to make it load faster.
Someone on another forum provided the answer.
On the launcher Options menu, just choose Disable on-demand patching (you'll have a one time big download but its worth it).
I also choose Fast launch. Basically throws me right into the game with minimal loading time now...every time :)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibjhVU3FMSHQyYnBNQWVQSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9