Star Trek Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

STO will not launch, "Bad Request"

Hello,

I've installed Crossover and STO via CrossTie on a MacBook Pro. Specifications are:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP51.007E.B06
SMC Version (system): 1.33f8

The installation itself seemed to go well. When I launch STO, however, I receive this error message in a new window titled "Star Trek Online".

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Request header field is missing '.' separator.

EEEEEE x86

With a bit of further searching, I came across this thread on the STO forums. It is devoted to an unofficial Mac wrapper that some people are using to play the game. I hope this is of some help.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=76799&page=116

A brief update.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling STO.

The uninstall failed. STO reinstalled ok, but still returns the Bad Request error. I reinstalled using both crosstie and a manual install, and both failed.

I now have three non-functional STOs on my system. 😕

Cheers

I just tried a fresh install of STO in Crossover 12.0 on my iMac (10.7.5), and while it took a second launch to actually get the launcher/patcher to connect to the server, I haven't seen any of the errors that you're seeing.

I'd guess that you've got a corrupted installer or dependency file. If that's the case, the corrupted file will be continuously re-used on subsequent install attempts. You can wipe out the installer cache by following these instructions:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/installercache

and then delete your existing bottles to wipe out your existing STO installs:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/delete_bottle

prior to attempting a new installation.

Any update on this situation? I had a similar experience and eventually just gave up on STO.

Hi
launcher works but i can't launch the game... 😥

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMkxUdHJrYXBxNDhFckVCdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9