Star Trek Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Season 8

Looks like season 8 broke it for us. It won't load anymore.

Could you be more specific ?
Guess I have to update and test.

I get a Direct 3D error that it could not reintialize the video card.

EDIT:
"Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
while resetting the device."

Cryptic been busy patching past two days...it's working again now.

I got the same error as Michael Hayes did, with additional line being "Technical Details: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600." Does that mean my video card doesn't work with STO anymore?

Update:
Apparently the last patch fixed my video problem, but now I have no audio, Anybody else having a problem with the sound?

I never had any issues with the sound, but with this new update I no longer have the desire to play this game in linux.
The excessively long load times are back.
It's faster to just reboot into Windows to play it.

I have never had any CX/wine sound or graphics issues before, just the long load after a major patch and the well known DX issues that affect even windows users.

Have you deleted your game prefences file, perhaps something got corrupted there.

~/.csoffice/BOTTLENAME/drive_c/Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online/Live/LocalData/Gameprefs.pref

I have had to do this also when moving bottles from system to system, where the audio and graphics stuff changed notably.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibjRMcmE5WndSd3hjbTl4YSIsImdkcHIiOjB9