Star Trek Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Stuck on loading screen - brightness change, crash.

Seems this is a very common problem, but my friend is trying to run the new season in the game and it seems that it gets stuck on the loading screen, then goes to the 'set brightness' screen then the computer is completely and totally crashed, but the music still plays. We are at a loss. happens on 2 different macs

We still cannot run it. We've reinstalled. Problems are different every time we reinstall. This time the launcher won't let you submit your user and password or go into the game. We could really use help here

fastest way to get help would be submitting a ticket

I haven't had any issues aside from the long load after patches. Several times now, I have used the Crosstie to very successful results. The one tweak I do make sure is done, is to have wine take over the desktop and use a virtual workspace of 1920x1080 so I can ALT=TAB from STO/CO/NW to another app (like Teamspeak or Mumble). Without that things tend to get janky.

Since you are saying that you are getting different results from each install, I would have to wonder if you have some sort of OS corruption. I have gotten the entire Cryptic suite of games working in MacOS X 10.6.8 and on several Fedora, RHEL, and OpenSUSE installs within the last few weeks. No issues. The only unclean setup is my iMac, which I would love to just drop Linux on anyhow, but the radeon video issues are starting to get to me ...

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibnNRUFhNcGVTZUVwQmdGeiIsImdkcHIiOjB9