Star Trek Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crashes with Delta Rising in Fedora 20

Hi All,

I installed STO using crosstie and it installed no problems, I then copied my windows STO data over to the STO bottle then did an update and updated everything fine. I played it for a while and adjusted the settings so it ran fairly smoothly but every so often I get crashes which will cause the PC to need a hard reboot as I 'm unable to bring up task manager or top or even start a new bash session. I am wondering if this is normal or whether there is anything I can do to reduce this occurance. My hardware and linux specs are as follows.

VC: AMD 1Gb 7790 OC
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840
RAM: 8Gb
Linux Version: Fedora 20 x86_64
Kernel: 3.17.4-200
Crossover 14.0.1

Hey guys,

I was able to fix it by adding the d3dx8 and all of the d3dx9 libraries to the winecfg

no crashes and it's also running faster too

regards,

Jules

Glad you got things working. I haven't played much lately (lack of time period for anything entertaining). Last issue I had was on RHEL 7, I had some issues getting the game to work right due to missing libs, that for some odd reason using my Steam bottle fixed. I will look into what libs I have installed -- perhaps I need to do what you did to get better performance.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVGtCUUJZZkI5V1BRVVkzVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9