Star Trek Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Terrible performance, unplayable

I used to get decent performance but I haven't played in 8-10 months and I'm trying to get back into it. Now the frame rate hovers around 22-24 fps while stationary. As soon as I begin to move my character the frame rate drops into the low-to-mid teens. I started with a resolution of 1440x900 with the gfx options set at the lower end. I have since reduced the resolution to 800x600 with all the gfx settings at their absolute minimum values and have seen no discernible difference in frame rate.

I am using the latest version of Crossover (v15) and I have tested this on two systems with similar results.

System #1
Gentoo Linux
Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz
8 GB
Radeon HD 6670 using fglrx

System #2
Fedora 23
Core i5 2.5 GHz
8 GB
Intel HD 3000

I would appreciate any suggestions anyone might have.

I have had the same issues, but it was directly associated with CrossOver 15.0.0. Nothing about v15 was an improvement for me (also added terrible lag to Starcraft II), rolling back to CrossOver 14.1.11 fixed everything for me.

I'm using Lubuntu 15.10 on my laptop (intel HD 5500 graphics) and my desktop (nvidia 750 ti).

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU3JnenpDdng3bTZVZXdIcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9