Star Trek Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Keyboard gets stuck and ship spins uncontrollably...

Greetings,

I have a strage problem with STO (Crossover for Linux)

Every time I enter a mission my ship gets stucked spinning to the left and the keyboard keys for movement stop responding. If I quit the mission (with the mouse) I return to sector space but, at the first key, the ship starts spinning again...

I've already changed four different combinations of mouse+keyboard and it does not makes any difference. Also, it doesn't makes any difference if the keyboard is wired or wireless, which I have also tested... In the options menu, I have also tried all on/off combinations in the Controller tab; no effect...

I really don't know when the problem began, but I've played for the past three years without any problem.
Please, I beg you for some help! I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Crossover Linux 15.3.0...

Thanks in advance...

Sorry, I must make a correction... I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS...

...Nobody listening...

Some extra observations I've made (don't know if they are useful):

1) The problem seems to delay longer in appearing when playing in "windowed mode". Nevertheless it still appears...
2) It seams that the keyboard buffer is being stuffed with characters, particularly "D"s so the ship always spins clockwise...
3) Once the problem manifests, if I log out, I can never log in again because my password is never recognized again...
4) While STO is running and the ship spinning, the keyboard works perfectly in any other application outside Crossover...
5) Sometimes, If I run the Launcher window but don't write my password immediately, the keyboard gets stuck after a minute or two and there is no way to type the password from that moment on...

Come on! Someone must have any idea what is happening... Please, help!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQTk0dkdWYmdIYkJOVWhnTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9