Star Trek Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

STO Artifacts Update

So w/o a Mac client, lots of folks have turned to things like Crossover and others to play STO. It's been working fine for me so far until this most recent episode update. The update will proceed and upon going to the Cryptic screen, the game will crash. Has anyone gotten this to work using Crossover? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

With the latest STO update, game crashes shortly after "CRYPTIC" screen shows.

Using latest version of crossover 15.3.1.

Having the same issue as you, games crashes at loading screen. Got the response below from Crossover Support today. Installed Direct X for Modern Games as suggested in the response, didn't help.

We're investigating this issue and I've attached this ticket to our bug on the problem so when we have a fix you'll be notified. One thing you can try right now is installing the DirectX 9 for Modern Games package into the same bottle with STO and see if that helps the game load. To do this launch Crossover, click the Install a Windows Application button, search for and pick the DirectX for Modern Games entry, click the Select Bottle tab and choose your existing Star Trek Online bottle and install. After that completes startup STO and see if the game loads or not.

I am also having an issue with the latest update. Like all of you I am running the Crossover Version 15.3.1. I tried also to install the DirectX 9 for Modern Games, but it too did not seem to work either.

Like everyone else, I cannot get this game to load after the latest update. Please help.

Same issue here. Game won't load (exactly as described by others). This game is the only reason I use Crossover. Hope there's a fix soon.

I can confirm this as well. The error the crash reporter gives is "ERROR: DV: Unable to find patchxfer.log". However there isn't much on Google for this.

So far I've tried running the game with the "-d3d11enable 0 -d3d9" parameters, Running the game in safe mode, Disabling the d3d11 dll in the Wine config, reinstalling the game both into a new bottle and my main steam bottle (Which has a ton of Requirements for other games already on it). I have also tried using Directx9 for modern games as suggested above, with no success.

I suspect that this crash is related to the new shader effects introduced in this patch, but it's only a guess.

Any progress on this? I'm missing out on a time-limited event.

I am also in this que, waiting for the fix. I have tried using other wine type apps, and they all have the same issue. As a mac user I refuse to go PC just for this game. I fortunately have a win 10 laptop that plays it but I want to use my mac, its just such a better machine. Please codeweavers/crossover FIX THIS.

Is this even being worked on? Should I start to look for another option for connecting to STO?

I really hope this gets fixed as well. Like most of y'all I only play on my mac and have missed time sensitive events, and this is basically the only "game" I play and have literally invested 100's! Including paying for a yearly subscription from codeseaves for my game that can't be played. If this gets working I'll take it as an early Christmas !

1 to 11 of 11

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWUJ6UkU3SndBVEZYaG1NUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9