Star Trek Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Updated STO System Requirements

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1225790/updated-system-requirements-for-star-trek-online

what does this mean for the future of STO and Crossover?

Hey guys :)

Unfortunately we don't have a good answer for the removed support of DX 9 but we will continue to try and make the game playable for you guys as long as we can! Currently we are doing some investigating to see if anything can be done on our end.

Live long and prosper!

any update to this?

I think we are all eager to see an update in this mater... I cannot believe I need to return to MSWin just to play STO...Please hurry!!!!

So do we have any updates? We will soon not being able to run the game?

I switched over to DirectX 11 to see what happens. The latest Crossover doesn't appear to support enough DirectX 11 to be viable, a lot of textures end up as colored blocks even on the login screen.

Wine 2.2 so far seems OK, so as the newer DirectX work gets merged in the situation should improve.

Hello,
How did you do this i have downloaded the WineBottlerCombo_1.8-rc4 and win 2.0 and i am having trouble getting it to work? I get it to the point were it is no longer saying my OS is not supported but now when I log in it says my video card is not supported? I have a ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB and it should work what am I doing wrong?
Any help would be great thanks.

To somewhat answer the question; I have both Cryptic games (Star Trek and Neverwinter) they function up to a point and they crash and burn. Thus, I too am waiting on updates to WINE and fixes for DirectX 11 issues. Meanwhile my other games still support DX9 and I am able to play Guild Wars 2 and Black Desert without issue. I will never revert to using Windows just for some game.

I decided to use my Neverwinter to be the lab monkey, since I still like playing Star Trek to some degree. Both are the same engine both are the same company and server. I took time to do some notes and show my progress or lack there of;

Notes Debugging Neverwinter/Star Trek Online
==

1. Wine Configuration
    A. Windows Version 7
    B. Libraries

1. d3dcompiler_46 (disabled)
    2. d3dcompiler_47 (disabled)
  2. WINE Registry "Hacks"
    A. Key Direct3D

1. DWORD: MaxVersionGL = 30002 (196610)
    2. No other listings.

Result: Graphics look abnormal. Game breaks 50% into loading from final character menu.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZzJBN2Z3eUw0dmN4TE1zZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9