Star Trek Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Immediate future without WinXP and DX9 support...

Ok, the time has come...

Exactly what is going to happen on march 1 with the STO WinXP bottles?...

Any solution for intalling STO in other type of bottle?

Even temporary patches that help prevent the disaster?

Insights appreciated...

Few days later...

No answer? !!!! <8(

Come on! I realize that DX support is not an easy topic, but...

Are we really just going to have to live without STO and all other WinXP-DX9 games and apps?

It is March 1st and the game still works just fine. I am sure that CodeWeavers is aware of this, but if DX11 is not ready then there is nothing that can be done until it is. Lets see when the support is actually removed for DX9.

Yuri German... NOP, I'm afraid you are wrong!

I got a small window that says:

Unsupported Operating System
==
Support for Microsoft Windows XP has ended. You
will be unable to play unsing this Operating System.
Pleas upgrade your Operating System to Windows
Vista Service Pack 2 or higher for continued support.
Your Video Card will need to support DirectX
Hardware Feature Level 10 or higher; See your Video
Card manufacturer's documentation for information
on DirectX Hardware Feature Level Support.
<OK>

Will try to post the image here but don't know how this works...

Can we panic now?
Would it be now a good time to die in a nerve crisis?

[image=file:///home/sfc/STOProblems.png]

Oh, I really hope a solution is found! I need to play STO!!

😭 😭 😭 😭

I guess they applied a later patch then when I tried. I tried again today and it currently does not work.

Ditto, updated my STO install just to have it exit when I try to launch!

Hope we get some kind of help to fix this!

Samuel Johnson Stoever wrote:

Ditto, updated my STO install just to have it exit when I try to
launch!

Hope we get some kind of help to fix this!

Agreed. I'd really like to be able to run STO through CrossOver instead of having to boot into Windows every time I want to play it.

Certainly looks like we'll have to wait for dx11 support...

I was able to go beyond the "no-XP" message. I installed Steam (XP bottle) from the Steam supported apps and started Steam (Steam won't work in a Win 7 bottle for me). Then I went to Control Panel, Wine Config and changed to Win 7 (amazing, ah? With Crossover, you can change your Windows version on the fly...). I started Star Trek Online, went beyond the "no-XP" message, through Cryptic loading screen, then a "no-tesselation supported, skipping" message. The game loaded, with my characters being shown in a nice 3D. Then I login to the game and... the game crashes...

Hello,

I know you guys are working hard on this. But Any updates?

Wine has alot of problems still with STO:
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=19203

Anyone able to get the game running at all? on Sierra or High Sierra?

1 to 13 of 13

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiN3JWYndHS1RHa3A0OUE0VSIsImdkcHIiOjB9