Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Testing on Mac OS X

I've installed the game on Mac OS X (10.4.9) and it runs pretty well so far. I'll play through the first level to test it more. I haven't encountered any big problems yet. I've seen a few graphical glitches, for example the sky shows some odd lines. But other than that it runs smoothly so far.

I'll update my ratting as I play more though the game and try and change some settings.

Machine Used: Intel iMac 20" (Early 2006) Intel Core Duo 2.0GHz, ATI X1600 (256mb VRAM), 2GB RAM

-Steven

I've played farther into the game and even imported my old saved game from my Windows version, it plays very well in my opinion. There are some sound glitches here and there. For example sometimes you'll hear a pop or thump from your speakers. Also the game may slow down once and a while when a lot of characters are on screen, or if there is a lot of action going on. This is only temporary and doesn't happen too often. Usually moving to another place in the level or clearing the enemies fix the problem.

As for video graphics settings I'm playing at 1024x768, Geometric & Graphic Detail on High, Texture Quality on Default, with the Bilinear Texture Filter & Detailed shaders on. The games graphics looks pretty well and everything looks good, except or the sky. You can sort of see the seems where the edges of the level or sky is by a black mark.

-Steven

I'm running it on 10.5.1 with my MBP 2GHz 2GB RAM. Excellent gameplay, although i had trouble changing over discs in the installation process (I had to import Disc 2's contents onto the desktop in order to complete installation). I also noticed the lines at the boundaries of the gameplay "arena", but these didn't detract from overall quality of play.

Hoorah! Thanks for telling me how to install it!
I resorted to getting the OSX version!

Steven wrote:

I've installed the game on Mac OS X (10.4.9) and it runs pretty well
so far. I'll play through the first level to test it more. I haven't
encountered any big problems yet. I've seen a few graphical
glitches, for example the sky shows some odd lines. But other than
that it runs smoothly so far.

I'll update my ratting as I play more though the game and try and
change some settings.

Machine Used: Intel iMac 20" (Early 2006) Intel Core Duo 2.0GHz, ATI
X1600 (256mb VRAM), 2GB RAM

-Steven

those lines are just where the images used for the textures start and end. they are just lines showing that the world isn't really 3d. it's just a cube meant to look round. they are very smooth lines and this post worried me before installing

jk3 works great on my unibody MacBook running 10.5.6. 4GB RAM 2.0GBHz intel core 2 duo NVIDA 9400M.

also runs great on my Mac mini 1.66 intel core duo, with 2GB of RAM running 10.4.11

no problems at all... also runs jk2 well!

thank you crossover!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMlplNTdGbUdHdVU5bTdKQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9