Star Wars: Republic Commando Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

White screen?

So I downloaded the trial of Crossover games and it said that Republic Commando had a gold for compatibility so I went and got my copy of Star Wars the best of pc and had to go to the setup.exe to get it to run cause the main screen for star wars the best of pc wouldn't run, I got through the install, then a small window popped up but it was completely white, the mouse inside is white to and there's nothing I can do, I tried with both a vista bottle and a xp bottle and get the same problem. What's wrong with it?

EDIT: I have a 15 inch macbook pro running 10.4 (snow leopard latest update), it has 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 processor, 320GB 5400-rpm hard drive, Intel HD Graphics, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphics processor with 256MB GDDR3 memory.

I have the exact same problem

What Version of CXGames do you use? 8.1.4 worked best for me, I also tested 9.0.0, and it had a bit more bugs, but it worked; I did not test later versions.

Mac OS X 10.4 is Tiger, by the way; Are you sure about your System version?
You can get the info in the Apple Menu -> About This Mac.

im using snowleopard and version 10.1 of crossover games

I found a solution ignore the white screen or simply restart crossover games. then go into the bottle in finder and run "SWRepublicCommando.exe" in the your "drive_c/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars Republic Commando/GameData/System" THEN as soon as the "cut-scene" starts press esc, options, graphics, and set them to low or lowest and voila!

This is now fixed in crossover 11.0 for mac but the buttons don't work so you still need to navigate to /Users/(your user)/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/(what you called your STRC bottle)/drive_c/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars Republic Commando/GameData/System then look for the SWRepublicCommando.exe file and run it through that. Don't forget to add your user, and bottle name in the file location.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM0NjODRMZ2V3YTVITkFRdCIsImdkcHIiOjB9