Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Star Wars: The Old Republic in an Unsupported Build

We are well aware that Star Wars: The Old Republic is making its way to a working status with Wine.

Unfortunately, the pieces to make it work did not present themselves until yesterday; this was far too late for us to include them in our CrossOver 11 release. Knowing that the community has been on the edge of their seats to try it, we are working to put up some special builds that get SWTOR running with CrossOver now.

As with any "Unsupported" build of CrossOver, we want to take a few minutes to warn you that these builds have only been minimally tested. They are created from the same place that CrossOver 11 has come from but the changes to them are different enough that we feel a full testing cycle is in order first (which we are starting promptly). We want to very specifically say that the pieces that make SWTOR work could adversely affect other applications in ways we have not yet discovered.

This build is use at your own risk.

Our Ninjas will be very busy in the next week or so assisting customers with CrossOver 11 and have been given permission to promptly tell anyone running this build that they cannot help. Of course, our Ninjas are fantastic and although they may want to say that they will usually try to help anyway. Please keep in mind that this build is not supported.

If you have mission critical applications on your system, this build is not suggested by any means.

Now that you've been warned, you can access builds for SWTOR from your account or by following this link:

Unsupported Builds - You must have a valid account to access this section of our site

Please keep in mind that SWTOR has a slew of problems that even Windows users see. We will do our best to triage any issues but there are some we simply cannot resolve.

It is possible to run more than one version of CrossOver on your system, but setting it up is not for the novice user:

Mac
Linux

Great job, thank you, let's try this !

To install Star Wars: The Old Republic

1. Get the Unsupported build listed above
  2. Create a new bottle
  3. Install DirectX 9 into that bottle
  4. Install SWTOR into the same bottle

Problems that we are aware of & possible workarounds

On a Mac, installation from the multiple DVDs does not go well at all. Using the download directly from Bioware is the preferred method. For some users, this method will be troublesome as it means downloading the entire game. The fastest way to complete installation on the Mac is as follows (you will need the DVDs and the downloadable installer):

1) create an image of each of the DVDs on the Mac and mount each image
2) start the installation into a bottle with DirectX 9 already installed
3) when the install is nearly complete it will stall
4) go to "Configure" "Manage Bottles", select the SWTOR bottle and force quit the bottle
5) restart the installation, this time using the downloadable installer with the same bottle
6) installation should now complete as expected

On a Mac, resizing or changing SWTOR from windowed mode to full screen and vice versa cause the game to lock up. There is no known workaround for this issue at this time.

On both Mac and Linux systems it takes a very long time to get from the character selection screen to the actual game. Unfortunately this is a known issue even on Windows machines. The best thing to do is be patient. Some people have reported the wait to be as long as ten minutes and that during the wait the status indicator seems to be stuck between 25-35% and then eventually begins to move again.

I've been playing with patched wine builds (1.4 and master) all day yesterday and today. Though I was able to log in and play, I had significant freezing issues whenever I was out of a cantina.

So I tried the unsupported crossover build, and it works extremely well. I have no freezing problems, and framerate is as good or better than windows. I have noticed that character icons/models don't appear in certain places with the crossover build (character selection screen, beside character/companion hotbars, selected enemy portrait). But the game is totally playable.

For the record, I installed DX9 in a winxp bottle, then ran SWTOR_setup.exe in that bottle. Running ubuntu 10.04 on amd64.

I really appreciate this! Just installed DirectX and SWTOR into a new XP bottle and it almost works. The environment seems ok, but the characters (anything moving around really) are all miss-drawn. You see a great many polygons stretching from the bottom to the top of the screen, so you can't really tell what you're looking at. It's a start, but on my Mac it's not working yet :-/

Jan Robijns wrote:

I really appreciate this! Just installed DirectX and SWTOR into a
new XP bottle and it almost works. The environment seems ok, but the
characters (anything moving around really) are all miss-drawn. You
see a great many polygons stretching from the bottom to the top of
the screen, so you can't really tell what you're looking at. It's a
start, but on my Mac it's not working yet :-/

What graphics card do you have on board? Do you know how to collect a log file with SWTOR launched?

If not, we have a Support Library Article that will walk you through it. Useful flags in this case should be +d3d,+d3d9,+wined3d,+module,+seh,+tid (note the absence of spaces, you should be able to copy & paste those flags to the "other" field as is). Unfortunately, the log file will be too large to attach here and will just spam the forum a bit. You'd be best off sending it in as a ticket (or to info@codeweavers.com) and then referencing this thread AND asking for me. I'll take a look and see if I see anything obvious and if not, I'll pass it off to our developers. To have our developers take a look it is very important that I know your graphics card and the exact version of the MacOS that you are running.

Many thanks in advance should you opt to send in a log file!

Joseph Yandle wrote:

I've been playing with patched wine builds (1.4 and master) all day
yesterday and today. Though I was able to log in and play, I had
significant freezing issues whenever I was out of a cantina.

So I tried the unsupported crossover build, and it works extremely
well. I have no freezing problems, and framerate is as good or
better than windows. I have noticed that character icons/models
don't appear in certain places with the crossover build (character
selection screen, beside character/companion hotbars, selected enemy
portrait). But the game is totally playable.

For the record, I installed DX9 in a winxp bottle, then ran
SWTOR_setup.exe in that bottle. Running ubuntu 10.04 on amd64.

What graphic card are you running? I'm actually patching on my AMD system right now (I have a 5750 running Ubuntu 11.10 with fglrx 11.12). This system gets mixed results so I'm hoping to replicate what you are currently seeing.

Ubuntu 12.04 64bit. Using the unsupported build of Crossover, cannot get the game to run. It freezes after you click login on the launcher and never progresses from there. Had it sat there waiting for 3 hours so far :)

Caron Wills wrote:

To install Star Wars: The Old Republic

1. Get the Unsupported build listed above
  2. Create a new bottle
  3. Install DirectX 9 into that bottle
  4. Install SWTOR into the same bottle

Problems that we are aware of & possible workarounds

<snippers>

On both Mac and Linux systems it takes a very long time to get from
the character selection screen to the actual game. Unfortunately
this is a known issue even on Windows machines. The best thing to
do is be patient. Some people have reported the wait to be as long
as ten minutes and that during the wait the status indicator seems
to be stuck between 25-35% and then eventually begins to move again.

I did the above.

Ubuntu 11.10 64bit nVidia 440 1024meg, Cinnomon shell / gnome shell
Fresh install from d/l launcher - friend gave me 7 day pass

Notes & Issues:

1. The 'launcher' install did not complete, I canceled but it appeared to have been installed okay.
    1.5 To download and run the game I manually ran launcher.exe
  2. Game appeared to install okay, 25G down takes a bit of time.
  3. About a minute or two before the status screen pops up after clicking play.
  4. No Sound - it sometimes does a half second burst then nothing. I tried all options available under wine conf audio.
  5. Movies look great.
  6. Character creation screen is black and the ships flying by are all black. It seems everything skinned in 3D is black. I can see parital background (planets) and forground with 'next'/'exit' buttons okay.
  7. Other 3D games that work okay (under different bottles): Skyrim, Civs 4 & 5.

I hope we can get this working. :)

Thanks for your time.

Changed "Shader Complexity" to low.

Graphics are amazing. Still no sound.

Edit: Sound is working now. I rebooted and verified that my default sound was set correctly. Then changed the audio setting to "default" instead of system default. Getting quite a bit of static however.

But it is playable and I got to level 3 - woot!

Just installed a 32bit build of Ubuntu 12.04 to try it with, just to see if it's a 64bit issue :) Will post results once the SWTOR download is done and installed!

---edit: Didn't work on 32bit Ubuntu 12.04 either.

However, 12.04 is currently a beta so something obviously not right yet :)
I reinstalled my Linux PC with PCLinuxOS and tried again. Worked flawlessly, aside from having to drop shaders to LOW or every character model is black. Still looks fantastic and runs VERY well.

Ubuntu 11.10 64bit

Two characters to level 8.

The only issue currently is intro movies - zero sound.
During actual gameplay sound is okay it has a bit of static, but acceptable.

I'm running it in OSX 10.7.3 on a 27-inch mid 2010 imac and having no significant problems. The video lags while using transports and there is some video lag on dialogue scenes, but nothing major. The only issue I've been running into is when trying to run the game in full screen it won't hide the dock or menu bar. I've had to play the game in windowed mode instead.

Jared Van Meter wrote:

I'm running it in OSX 10.7.3 on a 27-inch mid 2010 imac and having
no significant problems. The video lags while using transports and
there is some video lag on dialogue scenes, but nothing major. The
only issue I've been running into is when trying to run the game in
full screen it won't hide the dock or menu bar. I've had to play
the game in windowed mode instead.

Meanwhile, I've got the game running on my 2009 2-headed Mac Pro, also under 10.7.3. The only issues I've noticed are:
a) The only way to "tab out" from full-screen mode is to use Cmd-Opt-R, which then moves the display from my main monitor to mostly onto my smaller second one, which is left and above my primary, and there's no way to undo whatever Cmd-Op-R does that I know of. Not tabbing out means no menu bar (good), no dock (good) and a black and inaccessible second monitor (very bad)
b) I find playing in windowed mode is painfully slow, even with graphics settings way down (no surprise, but it means it's not a solution for me to (a))

I tried this on ubuntu 11.04

I can launch the game get to the loading screen the wheel thing in the bottom right spins for a few seconds then hangs.... any suggestions?

Micheal Machado wrote:

I can launch the game get to the loading screen the wheel thing in
the bottom right spins for a few seconds then hangs.... any
suggestions?

I had install both the directx9 and directx modern packages from the 'Runtime Support Packages' list for the game to run. Also installed the core fonts package.

Sorry for this stupid question...
I replaced the original trial version with this unsupported version and i see some differences if I load the SWTOR installation I installed with the trial version.
There's music on the loading screen and at some points it gets to a ... black screen with 8-bit colored squares.

How can I install DirectX9 into this?

Or do you think it's better to make a new install (with all the GBs download...)?

Davide Losito wrote:

Sorry for this stupid question...
I replaced the original trial version with this unsupported version
and i see some differences if I load the SWTOR installation I
installed with the trial version.
There's music on the loading screen and at some points it gets to a
... black screen with 8-bit colored squares.

How can I install DirectX9 into this?

Or do you think it's better to make a new install (with all the GBs
download...)?

When you click the 'install software' button..on the list of the left, there is a section called 'runtime support components' (it's at the bottom of the list) in there you will find the DirectX9 and DirectX modern packages to install. Crossover will download and install them for you.

Ok, it looks like things are getting better.
I could get to Character selection easily.
The loading cover hanged though, so I decided for a hard reboot of my Mac, that was working continuously for two days through all these installations.

I also switched off the VMware daemon.

What I see so far is:

Existing Character:

1. On the history window there's a "Error finding Codex: 0" where there should be the resume of my diary.
  2. Cover still hangs at 20 / 25% for 8 minutes. Then I loaded back into the character selection. Repeated 2 times.

New Character Creation:

1. Movie is fine. Quality fine. Sound is half a second in delay in some points.
  2. All character generation selections are fine.
  3. Prologue loads. :) yay.
  4. Starting dialogue seems to load. With delays.
  5. In Game Chat is working.
  6. Videos on quest assign is a bit clipping (but my iMac is old. 2007).
  7. Switched to lower resolution for smooth gaming. It works and doesn't crash.

Do you think there is something I can do to have my existing characters available for playing?

Update - I have gotten a char to level 17 and moved to 3 planets.

Ubuntu 11.10 64bit nVidia 440 1024meg, Cinnamon shell / gnome shell
Original install from 7 day pass [Purchased game yesterday]

Notes & Issues:

1. To download, I ran the setup that I downloaded. The 'launcher' install did not complete. I then manually ran launcher.exe.
  2. Game install did not create an icon to launch.
  3. About a minute or two before the splash screen pops up after clicking play.
  4. Depends on planet, some planets are larger than others and take longer to load after char select. Sometimes appearing to hang, this has taken up to 3 minutes for me.
  5. No Sound in 'intro' movies. Action 3D movies work fine and sound is okay.
  6. Changed Preferences > "Shader Complexity" to low to play. Was getting all black but interface.
  7. Sometimes get error about memory and 2G when attemting to launch a second time in same session - logout of gnome fixes it.
  8. Fullscreen never seems to exit without a kill intervention. Fullscreen [windowed mode] appears to work best for me.

ymmv

OS X 10.7.3
2 x 2.7 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
6 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256 MB
2 widescreen monitors.

Clicked "Play".

Waited about 2 minutes. Both screens go entirely black.

Can hear the sound of the opening cinematic, but nothing visual.

Hit ESC. Everything is still black, though I can see the SWTOR cursor.

UPDATE 1: Per another poster in the other thread, I enabled the virtual desktop and restarted the launcher. Clicked "Play". I could see the SWTOR loading screen (which I'm familiar with from the PC version, and which I hadn't seen before here). Launched right into the character selection screen no problem. Did not choose a character. Went to preferences, changed Graphic settings from "Fullscreen" to "Fullscreen (Windowed)". Re-edited WINE to not use a virtual desktop. Restarted Crossover. Restarted launcher. Clicked "Play". Saw the loading screen, saw character screen. First issue solved.

UPDATE 2: Currently on minute 7 of "waiting for the after-character-selection load screen to go away". Yeah, I've seen it happen under native Windows too, so I'm willing to wait doubly long for the unsupported non-native version ;) Bizarrely, at about the 12 minute mark, it gave up and, without fanfare, dropped me back to the character selection screen. Trying again. Just happened again. I never get to the "music" of the loading bar (those from native Windows can roughly "know" when the loading is almost done cos the music will start kicking in). Again at about the 10 to 15 minute mark. Currently unplayable.

UPDATE 3: Still nothing here. Never gets past 30% of the loading screen, the zone music never starts playing, and I'm always kicked back to the character selection screen :(

on mac when the installer stalls, i force quit the SWTOR bottle, so what do i click when the dialogue box appears asking if I want to cancel the installation or skip this step?

Wow, I'm impressed 😊

Like Jan Robijns, I can log in to the game and every thing works. However, I also see a missmash of polygons around my character from floor to ceiling. It's looks like a tiedye curtain wrapped around me, my bounty hunter is a hippy 😉

I've tried altering all settings (shader, AA, textures, etc..) from high to low but it's still there.

I'm running snow leopard on an i7 macbook pro, with the nvidia 330m GPU

WIll try and get some log data

Still nothing on my Mac build, above, after today's patch. Even tried creating a new character (which worked fine, cinematic and all), but after ten minutes of waiting at the zone-loading screen, I get sent back to character creation. :(

I'm definitely noticing more and more frame rate lag, especially on Taris. It does feel like there is a memory leak somewhere. I've also had an issue with some dialogue scenes for missions freezing to the point of the game not being playable.

Jared Van Meter wrote:

I'm definitely noticing more and more frame rate lag, especially on
Taris. It does feel like there is a memory leak somewhere. I've
also had an issue with some dialogue scenes for missions freezing to
the point of the game not being playable.

Me too, as posted here https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=7626;forum=1;msg=122720

I am trying to get swtor to work on a brand new macbook pro. I followed all the steps outlined here. The game patches and loads. The first time it went through the cinematics with no problem. After that it sits on the bioware screen and the character selector never comes up. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Gavin Hammond wrote:

Like Jan Robijns, I can log in to the game and every thing works.
However, I also see a missmash of polygons around my character from
floor to ceiling. It's looks like a tiedye curtain wrapped around
me, my bounty hunter is a hippy 😉

I'm having the same graphics problem on two different machines -- a MacBook and an iMac. Both are running 10.6.8 with 4GB of RAM. The interesting thing is that I'm running SWTOR under Win7 with Bootcamp on the same iMac and do not experience this issue. It only happens with Crossover.

The other problem I'm having is that the game no longer loads after the character selection is made. It just sits on the loading screen after the character selection is made until it times out and drops me back to the character selection screen. This problem was not initially present last week and seems to be directly related to SWTOR Patch 1.1.5a that was released this week. The graphics problem mentioned above was always present, but at least the game loaded all the way.

Here's the info for my graphics cards:

iMac
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0609
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3234
Displays:
iMac:
Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

MacBook
NVIDIA GeForce 320M:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x08a0
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3533
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

Works great on my iMac 27' OSX 10.7.3 (mid 2010) with CrossOver 11.0b2

I have set the resolution to 1600x900 and lowered the graphic settings....

A few things:
When changing zone, the loading time is very long, sometimes up to 3-5 minutes...
The longer the game runs, the more choppy it gets, so a restart of CrossOver is beneficial...
When you quit the game, you are stuck with a black screen, and you have to kill the CrossOver processes (kill -9 xxx)...

Otherwise looks good, even though some improvements for graphics settings & performance would be vastly appreciated !

Thanks for bringing this game to the Mac community

Cheers,
Chris

For the persons for whom it works but see artifacts, check my post here that says to set useGLSL to enabled, next to setting VideoMemorySize to 1024.

This fixed a black screen with working UI on a MacBook Air and a completely working display but with major artifacts on an iMac for me.

I've gotten farther using this build than 11.0, but am still stuck at character creation. All I can see on the screen are polygons where my character should be. I've tried installing DirectX 9 in addition to modern, and bumping the graphics settings down to very low, but this hasn't fixed anything.

Any suggestions?

ETA: See, I should have just waited for 6 minutes before posting. The above tip worked, thanks!

AWESOME...

I had to do a few of the tricks above.. the main one was the regedit of the Display...

Graphics are excellent.. with shadows!
Sound is perfect.

It does take a minute or two to startup, but after that it seems normal.

System:

Arch Linux 64
i5-2400
Nvidia GTX 460
16gigs RAM

It seems identical to when I run in Win7!

I have noticed that the character graphics seem thinner, but they may be a resolution issue on my part.

So like all the the users in here I just started playing SwTOR and like I just created my first bounty hunter and the 2 movies worked fine and the intro to the original George Lucas thing but saying about bounty hunters worked fine also. But now i am loading the starting area and I am waiting its a slow load for a 2 tera bit Imac with 16gb ram and lots of memory but we will see what happens I also had to install the unsupported build but I am also only allowed to play this on this weekend so we will have to see.

Update:

I have been playing for a few hours.. and this is an OUTSTANDING CXover release.

My frame rates are in the 40 to 80 range. All my graphics are at the highest settings.. I cannot tell the difference from the Windows 7 version and the Cxover version.

Only two bugs that I can see:

1. Long time to start the game.. 2mins after selecting character
  2. Shutdown of game seems to be frozen.. I have to manually kill in terminal

I cannot believe how well the graphic drivers are working!

Im Having the same problem where my Characters/ npc's are giant blobs of rectangles. Did anyone find a solution to this problem?

Alex Chandler wrote:

Im Having the same problem where my Characters/ npc's are giant
blobs of rectangles. Did anyone find a solution to this problem?

Try this, run regedit and create the following key.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Wine -> Direct3D -> create a new string called "useGLSL" and set the value to "enabled"

OSX 10.5.8
iMac 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo
4GB Ram

Intialised a bottle using the setup file and unsupported Crossover version, and replaced game files with those downloaded on another machine.

Get to login screen, click play, then CPU resources go through the roof, and mac becomes unresponsive.

looking at the other posts, could it be the OS thats causing the problem, as everyone else seems to be running with Lion?

Glenn Korbey wrote:

Alex Chandler wrote:

Im Having the same problem where my Characters/ npc's
are giant blobs of rectangles. Did anyone find a solution to this
problem?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Wine -> Direct3D -> create a new
string called "useGLSL" and set the value to "enabled"

Im currently using a Mac 10.7.3 and I dont have wine on my computer. Do i need to download/install it to be able to use Regedit or am i just not finding it in my files?

Ok i think i did it now. I ran regedit and tried to create a whole new folder under my computer but it wouldnt let me so i did it under HKEY_CURRENT_USER and contnued to fallow the steps from there atm im having a extremely long innitial loading screen but its not stuck because i notice the loading symbol at the bottom left corner tuning just fine but atm theres no sound. hopefully this works. Let me know if i messed up anywhere please.

Edit: Nope, it didnt work I still have a black screen and blacked out actionbar when i load a character, and on character creation they are still giant blobs of color from bottom to top of screen I am sure though that i messed up with Regedit so if someone could tell me exactly what to do that would be great

Edit2: ok i went though and fixed it, seemed like my issues are solved but it froze on the semi-cutscene where it introduces my character for the first bit of dialog

Glenn Korbey wrote:

Ubuntu 12.04 64bit. Using the unsupported build of Crossover,
cannot get the game to run. It freezes after you click login on the
launcher and never progresses from there. Had it sat there waiting
for 3 hours so far :)

For a lot of people this issue has been because the CrossOver is not properly detecting the video memory size, I have created a Tip on how to do so on Linux (and Mac) systems, can you give it a try?

Any ideas on the - no sound during intro movies - issue?
Initial launch and creating character movies...

Everything else sounds amazing and great. I've gotten 2 characters to level 25 & 26.

I am only having one major issue with running the game but it makes it unplayable. I am able to create my character and such but when i log in and the intro cut scene begins introducing my character it freezes. sound contnues to play but the video will not. anyone have a solution to fixing this?

I am seeing the same graphical glitch, with the in-game characters all shown as stretched polygons.

someone on this thread suggested using regedit.

I tried using it and it wouldn't run with crossover....I kept getting an error message saying "Command (directory location of Regedit) Returned 53"

What does this mean, and is there a better way, or different fix for this issue?

EDIT: I figured out regedit, thanks to the tip provided by Caron. I changed my memory value to 256 and it didn't work. suggestions?

Is there any idea when this will be playable in a supported build?

Were you able to add the key per the post that said:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Wine -> Direct3D -> create a new string called "useGLSL" and set the value to "enabled"

I had the exact same problem and that worked for me to solve the polygons thing. The one thing I had to look up in Support was how to find Direct3D; if you don't see a folder or whatever it is under Wine you have to create one and then create the new string. Hope that helps!

I was wondering if any of you fine people might be able to help me out as well. I've installed the latest version of Codeweavers' Crossover with the hope of playing Star Wars: The Old Republic. The first time I tried it with the regular instructions, which had me download the install files. When it was done, I got to the screen right before character select (after logging in) but it just hung there. I thought maybe it simply didn't install all of the necessary files, so I did a new install, this time using my install discs of the game. It however, did the same thing and just hung there after logging in. I then found this thread and went into regedit to change my video card settings as specified. That is still not working for me, though. Part of my confusion is that for the video memory I tried to put in 512, 288, and 800; none of which seemed to solve my problem with getting past the loading screen. Does anyone have any other advice on what I can do to get it to run? Below are my system specs:

MacBook Pro
15-inch, Mid 2010
Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 RAM
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 288 MB (also Nvidia GeForce 330m 512 MB)
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50)

Thank you!!

alan howell wrote:

Any ideas on the - no sound during intro movies - issue?
Initial launch and creating character movies...

Everything else sounds amazing and great. I've gotten 2 characters
to level 25 & 26.

No... well, have you tried opening Wine Configuration (I looked above and you're on Ubuntu 11.10, right?) and switching it from "System Default" to "Default"?

Honestly, sound has been a very troublesome issue for us. We are doing our best to triage it but there are definitely problems that remain.

I should read through the whole thread before I respond. Just trying to triage and gather issues together and looks like you've tried the above.

Micheal Machado wrote:

I can launch the game get to the loading screen the wheel thing in
the bottom right spins for a few seconds then hangs.... any
suggestions?

My first suggestion is to try setting your Video Memory Size... there is a step by step guide in the Tips & Tricks section. It should at least get you further.

Davide Losito wrote:

Ok, it looks like things are getting better.
I could get to Character selection easily.
The loading cover hanged though, so I decided for a hard reboot of
my Mac, that was working continuously for two days through all these
installations.

Do you think there is something I can do to have my existing
characters available for playing?

I don't know if this is still happening for you. If it is, I would contact the Bioware Support Team. This particular issue is usually also seen by Windows users. Further, you reported a drop with your frame rate around Taris, there were recent patches to help fix a problem similar to this. Are you able to play your older character now?

Hello everybody,

I'm using a Mac book pro 15' (2011) and this my situation. Using the unsupported build and with having done all the settings in "tips and tricks", I've managed to get past the 2 first cinematics with sound, no problem there. But at the character selection I Can't see the character. So I skipped that and just tried to play a sith warrior for example. Cinematic, no problem. But then when I actually start to play everything becomes black and all I see is the discussion on the left. I Don't neither know why I saw for few seconds my skill bar.

If anyone can help with this ? Ty !

1 to 50 of 91

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidXdidmJGS2M5NUVaSmJrMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9